Senior Research Officer
We are looking for highly motivated people who thrive on being challenged and working in an agile, collaborative, and multicultural environment to join our multidisciplinary Quality Control team and play a key role in conducting rigorous, cutting-edge science.
To partake in execution and enrichment of our ambitious pipeline of projects, this Senior research officer position is to be filled by an analytical scientist with a thorough understanding of GMP principles.
She or he will work together with the QC team on the development of analytical methods for the analysis and characterization of biologics.
- Plan and execute routine analytical testing (iCE, cGE, HLPC/UPLC, UV Vis, Solo VPE, ELISA small Physico-chemical and/or immunological testing) for batch release, stability testing and product characterization.
- Comply with GMP requirements and apply all QC procedures, participate in laboratory audits and maintain lab in constant audit readiness.
- Provide support and execute method troubleshooting.
- Identify and facilitate/lead problem-solving and improvement projects, write, review and coordinate laboratory investigations, change control, non-conformances, perform root cause analysis and implement CAPA.
- Contribute to writing and review of departmental procedures.
- Perform data analysis and trending.
- Adherence to data integrity principles at all time. Writing and completion of documents: analytical reports, method validation protocols and reports.
- Stock management of consumables, reagents, raw materials, controls and reference standard.
- Manage day to day laboratory activities and participate in the laboratory housekeeping and maintenance.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
EDUCATION AND DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- MSc or engineering degree in analytical sciences, biochemistry, biology or biotechnology with 1-2 years’ relevant experience or BSc with 3-5 year’s relevant experience.
- Biotechnology industry experience is preferred.
- Hands on experience with protein characterization using liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC, SEC, ion exchange, etc.) and capillary electrophoresis as well as ELISA and cell-based assays.
- Must have a solid experience in GMP pharmaceutical industry, including documentation practice, method troubleshooting, carrying GMP laboratory investigation, writing of deviation, CMO experience is a plus.
- Experience with the Empower software and statistical tools is a plus.
- Prior experience in analytical method pre-validation/validation is a plus.
- Strong sense of discipline, good communication and exceptional organization skills and hands-on approach.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to achieve and maintain high standards with meticulous attention to details.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal; French is a plus
You will join us, in a picturesque city of La Chaux-de-Fonds, Neuchâtel, Switzerland.
This is a rare opportunity to join our growing scientific team at the very start of something special. You will become a part of the foundation of a new company imprint…