Candela Corporation is a leading global aesthetic device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. We are the market leader in the development, and distribution of medical and aesthetic laser and light-based technologies. The Company’s technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical-aesthetic application including hair removal, wrinkle reduction, tattoo removal, improving the skin’s appearance through the treatment of benign vascular and pigmented lesions, and the treatment of acne, leg veins and other common indications.
The Company is headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts, USA, with an additional R&D facility in Yokneam, Israel and commercial locations across Asia Pacific, and Europe. Products are sold directly in 18 countries worldwide and are supported by capital sales, field service, clinical education, technical support and marketing development organizations. Candela maintains contracted distributors in over 60 other countries.
The successful person will drive New Product initiatives, with a focus on high value consumables and Growth Franchises, by working cross-functionally to assess the global marketplace, to identify new opportunities and market requirements, and to develop and launch differentiated products. Work cross functionally as part of the core team (CFT) to ensure that all marketing and business deliverables are effectively provided to cross functional teams as part of stage-gate PLM process.
- Supports development of PLM strategy for assigned franchise(s), portfolios, and products
- Assesses the global marketplace using market research and projects to identify and monitor Market Dynamics, competition and current product lifecycles
- Represent the GBU as a member of Cross Functional Team (CFT) triad; works closely with product coreteams to drive new products through the development process
- Drives global launches and commercialization of new products with franchise product development teams by working closely with Regional Marketing and Commercial Teams
- Develops all elements of the global launch plan (e.g. value proposition, positioning, pricing and messaging for new products);
- Develops competitive analysis and positioning for new product launches;
- Works with finance and regional counterparts to develop forecasts and end of life strategies for new product launches and base portfolio;
- Works with clinical and regulatory teams to create claims matrix for product launches
- Drives decisions in support of end to end product management for a product portfolio
- Manages product(s) through full lifecycle, including incremental development, end of sale, and end of service planning;
- Analyzes full financial performance of products and works with regional counterparts and sales leaders to ensure product meets financial targets.
Essential Job Functions
- Supports development of the product life cycle management (PLM) strategy for assigned franchise(s) – including build/buy decisions, inorganic product integration, and organic development (concept through commercialization and lifecycle enhancements to eventual end of life.)
- Gathers, defines, and leads the business requirements process based on VOC, market/clinical inputs, and company internal information to inform franchise strategy.
- Ensures the franchise strategy reflects business objectives and market needs. Works closely with the business partners, R&D, RA, Clinical, Operations, Service, QA, Sales, and other internal stakeholders to gain data inputs and information to inform strategic decision making.
- Builds the business plan and conducts financial analysis for different product performance aspects (ASP, GM, annual revenues, etc.) and recommends pricing new product development initiatives.
- Develops the global launch strategy with all elements of launch (e.g. product positioning, messaging, and branding to drive competitive advantage to achieve revenue targets.).
- Monitors competitive activity, including robust competitive analysis as part of the new product launch to regional counterparts.
- Works with clinical team to inform ongoing market/post-marketing clinical research, supported by communication with leading KOLs and customers.
- Communicates VOC to the organization from new product launches to enhancing existing product(s) or product line(s) – acts as the “voice of the franchise(s)” to inform strategic decision making to increase the health of the business.
- Foster and contribute to a vibrant team and company culture.
- 7+ years’ experience in global Brand/Product Management and Product Development
- Experience in downstream marketing and upstream / strategic marketing
- Experience in multiple global product launches
- Focused expertise on growth franchises and high-value consumables
- Strong clinical acumen can assimilate and apply technical information.
- Experience in Medical Device/Capital Equipment
- Experience in Dermatology, Aesthetics and Specialty Dermatology a plus
- Experience with pipeline development, and management of a portfolio of products
- Strong business acumen, ROI and full P&L analysis, and program forecasting
- Exceptional presentation, written and verbal communication skills with internal/external customers.
- Ability to understand common scientific and technical journals, financial, and legal documents
- Action oriented, ‘doer’ who enjoys high engagement and a hands-on environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business or technical required, MBA a plus.
This job description is not all inclusive and is intended to capture a majority of the job functions. Special projects and other tasks may be required by management.