The Sr. Software Applications Engineer will play a significant role in the development of energy-based products. This hands-on development role will have a strong working knowledge in software engineering and will be empowered to design and develop software infrastructures and graphical user interfaces.
Essential Job Functions
· Participates in software architecture, design, implementation, and software integration activities.
· Responsible for developing and writing software requirements and detailed design documentation.
· Work closely with software test engineers to support the development of test cases.
· Document code according to professional and established Candela standards
· Responsible to work with Release Engineering and provides the required support.
· Consistently contributes to software project management activities by providing time estimates, breakdown of the software tasks and participating in the scheduled reviews.
· Be a great team player!
· Requires a BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related Engineering discipline
· 5 + years’ experience in developing complex multi-threaded desktop applications using C#/.NET with the following technologies: WinForms/WPF/HTML
· Minimum of 2 years work experience with relational databases such as SQL Server
· Experience in design/development of complex medical device SW is a big plus
· Demonstrated experience documenting product requirements and product design.
· Experience in working with design patterns.
· Experience in developing automated software unit tests.
· Expert knowledge in GIT source control. Azure DevOps is a big plus.
· Experience in the participation in Software Development Lifecycle phases.
· Ability to understand and resolve problems at both system and code levels.
· Excellent communicator - written documentation and oral presentations/ discussions/ meetings
Nice to have:
· Experience in design/development of complex medical device SW is a big plus (IEC 62304).
· Experience working with the latest .NET Frameworks (.NET Core, 5 and 6).
· Experience with cybersecurity, web services or IoT SW solutions.
· Microsoft Azure cloud experience.
· Experience working with HW devices.
This job description is not all inclusive and is intended to capture a majority of the job functions. Special projects and other tasks may be required by management.
Candela Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.