The commercial management of contracts specific to the Water Industry. Ensuring that the measurement, valuation and cash flow on assigned projects are managed effectively.
• Preparation of Interim Valuations and Final Accounts.
• Procurement of sub-contractors in line with target programme and company policy requirements for competency of sub-contractors, recommendations, orders, warranties. including pre-order meetings.
• Contract administration of sub-contracts (including progress meetings/delay evaluation/variations/ day works /clean up notices/damages/material waste/defects/relevant notices).
• Timely and accurate assessment and payment of sub-contractor’s applications and issue of payment notifications to sub-contractor, including contra charges.
• Final Account agreement of sub-contract accounts.
• Measurement of quantities both on site and from drawings, where required.
• Timely and accurate evaluation of variations and monitoring of the same.
• Weekly direct labour & plant subcontractor payments if required.
• Material cost control.
• Accurate production of internal valuations, sub-contract liabilities and cost value reconciliations in line with the Commercial reporting timetable.
• Working closely with the Site Manager and rest of delivery team to monitor progress and its effect on margin and producing joint monthly cost to completion forecasts.
• Ensuring good quality & accurate records are kept and maintained.
• Delay identification/notification/ in tandem with Quantity Surveying line manager.
• Attendance and participation at regular design review, internal and external progress review meetings.
• It is not possible for this document to totally encompass or define all tasks that may be required of the post holder. The outlined duties may therefore vary from time to time without materially changing either the character or level of responsibility
• The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
• To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
• To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
• Achieving deadlines
• Improving profit margin
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum of a relevant Degree or equivalent.
• Experience of working:
o on Frameworks within the relevant sector or as specific to project
o with NEC Target Costs Contracts.
o on Design & Construct Schemes
o on Water Industry schemes
• Experience of Microsoft and office IT packages
• Experience in use of extranet and electronic project management systems
• An understanding of project planning.
• Excellent telephone skills
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately
• Able to produce accurate work within required deadlines
• Has a “can do/ will do” attitude
• Is punctual and reliable
• To work safely and efficiently
• Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks
• Displays good time management skills
• Polite and approachable at all times
• Is open to new ideas and listens to other people’s point of view
• Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development
• Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner
• Valid UK Driving Licence