Carry out general construction work, ensuring it meets the client’s expectations, and Health and Safety is adhered to at all times.
• Carry out various tasks as directed by the Site Manager, including:
Preparing site compounds.
Installing haul roads.
Installation of drains and sewers.
Install and maintain over-pumping systems.
Excavation for structures including piling works.
Flags and block paving.
• Ensure timesheets are submitted accurately and on time.
• Adhere to company absence reporting procedure.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• The Group is committed to achieving a high standard of Health and Safety in all its activities and the post holder will be expected to contribute to maintaining standards to ensure compliance with all appropriate legislation.
• To take a full role in the implementation of personal development through appraisals and to participate in any identified training or development opportunities.
• To recognise the importance of fairness and equality in the workplace, to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
• Work safely and efficiently.
• Customer complaints.
• Standard of work.
Experience and Qualifications
• A valid UK driving licence - essential.
• Confined space training – essential.
• Street works qualifications - preferred.
• Has a “can do/ will do” attitude.
• Is punctual and reliable.
• To work safely and efficiently.
• Keeps people informed of progress on key tasks
• Displays good time management skills.
• Polite and approachable at all times.
• Is open to new ideas and listens to other people’s point of view.
• Takes responsibility for managing own performance and personal development.
• Conducts themselves in a courteous and professional manner.
• Communicates clearly and appropriately.