The Head Technical will be responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for technical disciplines by building a high caliber team of engineers and geoscientists to drive company’s growth. The role involves development and ownership of Asset Development Plans, JV Strategy, support of subsurface matters, drilling/workover/completion, reservoir management and project delivery.
REPORT DIRECTLY TO: Managing Director/CEO
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HEAD TECHNICAL INCLUDES:
- Provide technical leadership and support for company's oil and gas development projects and provide strategic oversight for drilling and exploration activities (Operated and Non- Operated Assets).
- Develop and deliver projects through the deployment of cross-functional technical and operational teams.
- Ensure quality plans are in place through robust technical assurance in all stage gate reviews as well as the annual business planning cycle.
- Ensure the development of short, medium- and long-term appraisal and development plans for Company acreage cycle.
- Deliver, in conjunction with the Operations directorate, production optimization and enhancement programs.
- Oversee the delivery of resource maturation and field development plans.
- Oversee field studies and ensure robustness of processes for reserves determination & reserves bookings.
- Accountable for successful delivery of all drilling campaigns and well optimisation activities.
- Serve as the Technical Authority for authorizing projects and ensuring funding is in place as well as approving changes to project budget.
- Hold overall responsibility for projects success by ensuring integration and optimisation of resources.
- Oversee the approval of feasibility studies, designs, costing and technical contract terms & conditions.
- Responsible for approving project changes in alignment with the business strategy.
- Provide oversight for Technical directorates input to Annual budgetary cycle and 5-Year Business Plan.
- Liaise with JV partners to align company’s interest with stakeholder expectations.
- Represent the company externally as a technical expert with government, partners and industry.
- Support strategic business development opportunities as required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 15 years post-qualification experience in the upstream oil & gas industry, with at least 10 years in a managerial role.
- Proven management, leadership & technical skills across the subsurface/wells and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in managing capital projects in the E & P industry
- Strong understanding of field development planning process
- Good understanding of the exploration philosophy and able to work with explorers to convert a prospect into a producing asset.
- Good understanding of reserves estimation and categorization.
- Experience developing, coaching and mentoring staff.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Strong economic, risk assessment and strategy development skills.
- The ability to work independently, can meet strict deadlines with a strong delivery focus.
- Build and maintain business relationships, internally and externally including JV technical management.
- A University degree in Engineering, Geology, Physics (Second-Class upper at the Minimum).
- A master’s degree in Petroleum Engineering will be an advantage.
- Relevant certifications will be an added advantage.
- Subsurface Team
- Exploration & Geosciences Team
- Well Engineering Team
- Gas Development Team
- Project & Facilities Engineers
- Leadership Team & Board of Directors
- Production Team
- Maintenance Manager
- Asset Managers
- Head HR
- JV Partners
- NAPIMS, NNPC & DPR
- NOV Assets
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS:
- Leadership – Skill
- Functional Technical Leadership – Mastery
- Geophysics/Geomatics – Skill
- Well Engineering – Skill
- Reservoir Engineering – Skill
- Credibility – Skill
- Adaptability – Skill
- Teamwork - Skill
- Self- Motivation – Skill