GET TO KNOW US
Delivering an unrivalled customer experience in a luxury landmark location housing the world’s most desirable brands. You will be joining a world of style and opportunity. Powered by a warm human spirit and dedicated teamwork. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. We are looking for a Department Manager to join our Brown Thomas Cork Store on a 9 Month Fixed Term Contract.
KNOW THE ROLE
The role will be pivotal to managing the day to day activities of a Department in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Daily/ Weekly Sales targets are set and achieved
- To devise strategies for growth in sales in your department
- Payroll budgets are on plan
- Procedures in relation to point of sale are adhered to
- Monitor overs/ shorts on a daily basis
- Paperwork in relation to merchandise is completed i.e. mark-downs, transfers, RTV’s
- Weekly use of systems to track product performance
- Ensure that all team members comply with Security standards
- Take necessary measures to ensure shrinkage is managed in line with store target
- To monitor department product lines, assess performance and propose actions to rectify problem areas.
- To monitor competitors on a regular basis.
- Ensure 5* Customer Service is delivered at all times in keeping with Brown Thomas standards.
- Respond to all customer queries and returns
- Coach your team on managing customer complaints and returns
- Familiarise all team members with procedures for dealing with tag activation
- To offer the customer an extraordinary experience in a courteous manner
- Create awareness of additional services and ensure that they are offered to customers e.g. Brown Thomas Loyalty scheme, Personal Shopping and Gift Card
- Demonstrate commitment to 5* Internal Service
- Recognise and compliment examples of service excellence
- To ensure that all team members have a full working knowledge of the companies CRM programme and are compliant with the companies targeted compliance rate
- To participate in the recruitment and training of team members
- To ensure team members are adequately trained, i.e. Induction, company policies/ procedures, product knowledge and systems.
- Adhere to best practise for management of performance and conduct related issues on your team
- To conduct team reviews and support the team with any development needs
- To provide a forum for your team to discuss any issues relating to the department
- To ensure staff cost to sell ratio is in line with the department budget
- Organise team rosters one month in advance
- Manage your team’s time-keeping and attendance
- To ensure your team grooming is appropriate and in line with company standards
- To be aware and observe all Company policies and procedures.
- Actively live the Brown Thomas Values, discussing what good looks like with your teams on a
regular basis and actively giving feedback on performance linked to the values.
- Recognise and coach good performers with positive reinforcement for continued performance and coach poor performers outlining the expected levels of performance and behaviour
- Deliver daily team briefing
- Monitor team Productivity and CRM performance daily/ weekly
- Delegate tasks and assign responsibilities
- Implement strategies for the ongoing development of your team members
- To ensure department housekeeping standards are maintained on a daily basis using standards checklist
- To ensure stockrooms are laid out in an orderly, disciplined and commercial fashion and kept neat and tidy at all times
- To ensure all merchandise is checked, priced and stocked properly
- To ensure merchandise is displayed in a commercial manner designed to maximise its potential, liaising with the Brown Thomas Visual Merchandising Team
- To ensure all promotional material/ticketing is ordered and in place on time and in keeping with company standards
- To be aware of all store promotional activities, including window displays and company advertising
- Provide regular feedback to buyers on customer reactions to merchandise. Consult daily with the buying team in relation to stock holding
- Utilise stock systems to monitor stock levels, re – orders and incoming deliveries.
- Ensure all paperwork in relation to point of sale and merchandise e.g. mark-downs, RTV’s and transfers are completed on time
- To ensure stocktaking is organised and prepared on time and in accordance with company procedures
- Control costs in relation to House Stationery, Lighting and Heating
- To ensure you and your team comply with all security procedures
- Take necessary measures to ensure shrinkage levels are kept within the targets set for your department and to liaise with Security as required to reduce risks
- Follow correct EPOS procedures and take the necessary steps to deal with any discrepancies
- Create an awareness that it is every team member’s responsibility to protect the company assets, fixtures and fittings
- To have a full understanding of the ‘Know your Limits’ Campaign and to regularly refresh your teams on the content.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for all team members and customers in accordance with the Company Safety Statement.
- Ensure that all team members are aware of and follow health and safety procedures.
- Report discreetly to Senior Management/Security any suspicious objects or behaviours.
- Manage, deliver and support all organised promotional events which include some of the following:
- Style Workshops / Fashion Shows / Product Launches and Charity Events
- Assist with any other duties required by Store Management
- Maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in store & Head Office.
- To represent the Company’s interests with all internal and external interactions.
- Observe confidentiality in respect of Company activities.
- Achieve the companies audit compliance targeted pass rate for your department.
KNOW HOW WE WORK
Doing the right thing: We act with authenticity, honesty and integrity in everything we do.
Drive Creativity: Encouraging working environments where everyone can use their creativity to drive the business forward in an ever changing Retail environment.
Inspiring the Customer: Our teams are passionate about creating an authentic and unique experience for all our customers
Winning Together: Brown Thomas and Arnotts prides itself on working as one business and two brands. We share our knowledge and support others to be successful in achieving individual and company goals.
Performing with Pride: We deliver results and celebrate success with authenticity, honesty and integrity