GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out.
KNOW THE ROLE
This HR specialist role is a key role in supporting the Business to deliver a People Plan in line with the HR Strategy. Working as part of the Business Partnering Team this is a central role which interacts with all aspect of the HR Model from People support, Business Partnering, Group HR/ER, Recruitment, Talent and Development COE, in providing a best in class people Service to the business.The HR Business Partner is a Fixed Term Contract position.
The Retail People Partner is responsible for delivering on the HR agenda through the development of retail talent and team engagement at Brown Thomas Grafton Street, Dundrum and Blanchardstown. The role supports the delivery of a full range of people services with a focus on driving a positive inclusive work culture and the acquisition, development and retention of talent.
- Partner with senior retail stakeholders on the people strategy including driving positive change, people development, talent acquisition and succession planning
- Ability to manage and lead out large scale strategic business and people projects with a strong emphasis on transformational and commercial thinking ensuring you bring the extra edge to all new people initiatives
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders helping to enhance the people agenda
- Coach and support store management to own and deliver best practice people processes
- Provide ongoing advice to retail management and team members on all people issues including performance management, absenteeism, grievances, disciplinary processes and any other employee relations issue that may arise, ensuring that best practice is adhered to at all times
- Coach, Lead and Develop the People team
- Strategically plan and build on the Brown Thomas Arnotts employer brand
- Partner with the Centre of Excellence people teams to deliver of relevant projects e.g. delivery of training
- Continually evaluate and improve upon the people offering
- Be a leader in transformational ideation, have a broad knowledge of People trends in the marketplace and the foresight to implement timely change in line with the wider business strategy
- Champion an inclusive workplace where we cultivate a culture that values diversity and is centred around belonging.
- Partner with retail management to understand and improve engagement levels across all departments
- Drive best practice HR administration and managing HR risks in line with audit criteria, working closely with the People Operations Partner
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the trade unions and union representatives
- Contribute to the continuous improvements of people systems and practices, ensuring maximum efficiencies at all times
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a strategic Business Partner role with project management experience
- A strategic, outside the box thinker with the ability to turn ideas into tangible outputs that are commercially sound
- Experience leading and delivering on key business and people projects
- Experience in leading and working effectively in teams
- Experience operating in a complex and fast paced change oriented multi-site operations environment at scale; ideally retail or similar
- Strong leadership, coaching, influencing and stakeholder management skills – highly service and delivery focussed
- Ability to identify opportunities and make constructive suggestions for change or action
- Agile thinker with a can do approach – operating always with the customer and team fully in mind and the end clearly in sight
- Excellent technology and data analysis skills. Able to manage, interpret and present data and recommendations articulately to the highest level.
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects
- Pragmatic and solution driven
- Attention to detail with high personal work standards
- Proficient in PP, Word and Excel
- Ability to write communications
- Degree educated or equivalent. Fully CIPD qualified
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Our City Centre based Head Office is close to all forms of transport and surrounded by many shops, parks and beautiful restaurants.
Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts
KNOW HOW WE WORK
Doing the right thing: We act with authenticity, honesty and integrity in everything we do.
Drive Creativity: Encouraging working environments where everyone can use their creativity to drive the business forward in an ever changing Retail environment.
Inspiring the Customer: Our teams are passionate about creating an authentic and unique experience for all our customers
Winning Together: Brown Thomas and Arnotts prides itself on working as one business and two brands. We share our knowledge and support others to be successful in achieving individual and company goals.
Performing with Pride: We deliver results and celebrate success