At Brown Thomas, we’re reinventing the very essence of retail through innovation, creativity, and a drive for positive change. Our new Dundrum store, opening in early 2022, will bring together cutting-edge technology, sustainability, and luxury to create a retail experience like no other in Ireland – and we want you to be a part of it.
Our Team Leads play an integral part of the Brown Thomas Arnotts journey in reinventing retail in a genuine and sustainable way and we’re hiring a team whose vision and style are as vibrant as our own to elevate this unique experience and redefine the future of retailing in Ireland. Don’t miss this opportunity to join an exceptional team doing extraordinary things.
Whilst our beautiful Brown Thomas Dundrum store is being crafted, you will initially start with our Brown Thomas Dublin team in our iconic Grafton Street store, to gain valuable experience, insight and training ahead of our official Dundrum store opening.
GET TO KNOW US
At Brown Thomas Arnotts, our Vision is to Reinvent Retail. Our Purpose is that we exist to imagine and create a sustainable future and our values are at the heart of everything we do in that we always Go Above and Beyond, Do the Right Thing, and Drive Creativity and Innovation. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you work, you will take enormous pride in providing an excellent customer experience. Which means as well as making sure your own area is immaculate, merchandise is replenished and display standards are maintained, you will also grasp every opportunity to build your product knowledge, get to know the wider store and understand all of our services.
KNOW THE ROLE
The role will be pivotal in supporting the day to day activities of the Department, leading and mentoring team members in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Working as part of team, delivering extraordinary service to both external and internal customers.
- Participate and support with delivering team briefs.
- Support Department Manager in the completion of daily floor planners to provide for the smooth running of each area.
- Ensure all team members are dressed appropriately for business each day, complying with the company dress / grooming guidelines.
- Ensure team members are adequately upskilled and inducted into their relevant areas, i.e. completion of elearning programmes, training etc.
- Delegate tasks and assign responsibilities ensuring follow up.
- Ensuring communication is open and clear within the team.
- Contributing to team targets and goals.
- Provide a forum for team members to discuss issues and problems relating to the department and to brain storm solutions.
- Recognise and coach good performers with positive reinforcement for continued performance and coach poor performers outlining the expected levels of performance and behaviour.
- Be aware and observe all Company policies and procedures.
- Actively live and embed the Brown Thomas Group Values with each team on a regular basis.
- Being passionate and enthusiastic about products and services available
- Acquiring and updating product knowledge through supplier training, product labels, magazines etc
- Being aware of product lines in other departments and introducing related product to the customer
- Being knowledgeable of additional services on offer throughout the store including events and promotions
- Ensure the team is meeting and exceeding our customer’s needs through product knowledge and excellent customer service
- Support the management team with the coordination and implementation of all customer related events and in store promotions.
- Support and coach team members with customer queries / returns where necessary.
- Create awareness of additional services and ensure that they are offered to customers e.g. Salesfloor, Personal Shopping and Brown Thomas Loyalty Card etc.
- To ensure that all team members have a full working knowledge of customer loyalty and build on it through attentive service and showcasing our loyalty program
- Taking pride in ensuring team members maintain standards on a daily basis
- Ensure stockrooms are laid out in an orderly, disciplined and commercial fashion and kept neat and tidy at all times.
- Ensure all merchandise is checked, priced and stocked properly.
- Be aware of all store promotional activities, including window displays, advertising etc.
- Ensure all promotional material/ticketing is ordered and in place on time and in keeping with company standards.
- Ensure regular feedback is given to senior management on customer reactions to merchandise.
- Following health and safety procedures and security procedures
- Learn, understand and comply with all company policy and procedures
- To assist with any other duties required by Store Management.
- To maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in store, Head Office, Brown Thomas Dublin, BT2 / Regional Stores and Arnotts.
- To represent the Company’s interests with all internal & external interactions.
- To observe confidentiality in respect of Company activities.
- To be aware of and adhere to all store audit requirements
Key skills for this role:
- Effective communication
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Strong customer service skills
- Passion for our brands and our products
KNOW HOW WE WORK
We Drive Creativity and Innovation: Creativity runs through our veins and fuels everything we do. We are an enterprising team that thinks outside the box to bring new ideas to life and to create unrivalled experiences designed for our customers and our world. Fostering a culture of innovation, we keep ahead of the rest while growing sustainably.
We Go Above and Beyond: As agents of change within our industry we set the standard, always leading, never imitating. We love to go where others haven't and thrive on sharing our knowledge and expertise. We work to surpass expectations, inspiring everyone who comes in to contact with our brands.
We Do the Right Thing: We respect our world and everyone we interact with. Acting with decency, honesty and transparency, we strive to ensure that everything we contemplate or do, contributes to a sustainable future. Embracing diversity and inclusivity we build trust among our customers, partners, and communities and with each other.
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Team discount is offered to all team members across Brown Thomas Arnotts and our Concession partners.
Wellbeing initiatives at BTA include but are not limited to: EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts, Sports & Social Club.