Brown Thomas Arnotts are delighted to announce this unique opportunity for an experienced Retail Operations Manager to join our team in our Distribution Centre.
GET TO KNOW US
At Brown Thomas Arnotts, our Vision is to Reinvent Retail. Our Purpose is that we exist to imagine and create a sustainable future and our values are at the heart of everything we do in that we always Go Above and Beyond, Do the Right Thing, and Drive Creativity and Innovation. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you work, you will take enormous pride in providing an excellent customer experience. Which means as well as making sure your own area is immaculate, merchandise is replenished and display standards are maintained, you will also grasp every opportunity to build your product knowledge, get to know the wider store and understand all of our services.
KNOW THE ROLE
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assume full responsibility for management of Brown Thomas and Arnotts Goods in and Processing teams.
- Daily communication with individual stores Goods in teams and Retail Managers to ensure KPIs are met and to stay informed of store sales, events and product peaks.
- Liaise with key Head Office and Buying Stakeholders to ensure communication on deliveries and storage.
- Coordinate with the DHL team on space, stock and processes.
- Liaise with Third Party vendors such as An Post or DHL.
- Role model and drive a culture which is in line with our Vision, Purpose and Values.
- To assist with any other relevant duties required by the Distribution Centre General Manager.
- Ensure processing targets are met in line with our service expectations to the Stores.
- Review and optimise stores goods in processes and scheduling system.
- Demonstrate an active leadership style, taking full responsibility for driving an engagement culture in the operation.
- Communicate Objectives & KPIs applicable to your team, align the expected frequency for tracking them - including communication to new leaders on your team as part of the on boarding process.
- Update Monthly Resource Planning, based on volume and volume profile forecast and align actions needed with General Manager.
- Ensure Operation is performing in line with the budget, identify service offering and cost savings opportunities, highlighting any concerns to the General Manager.
- Identify staff potential and training needs ensuring that coaching and training opportunities are available to encourage individual growth for the benefit of team and the company.
- Manage training to ensure that all staff are fully trained for the safe and successful completion of their role, while constantly striving and researching further efficiencies and improvement areas.
- Lead the operation succession plan and talent agenda.
- Accurate forecast scheduling/ agency requirements for peak trade.
- Track overall employee attendance ratio for the operation and understand results' impact on DC Performance, setting up a plan for improving the ratio if needed.
- Track site overall turnover rate per team, understanding differences between shifts and leadership teams.
- Track numbers of customer's claims and understand the root causes with the Management team.
- Ensure that Operational Procedures and Process flows are up to date, available at relevant place for the team and that employees are working according to the standard established.
- Complete formal performance reviews with the management team and monitor overall status of % of employees who received formal performance reviews.
- Work alongside the Stock Control Manager and BTA Stock Audit to ensure a stocktaking schedule is implemented and stock loss actions are created and maintained in compliance with BTA stock taking guidelines.
- Partner with Security Management to create a Security Action Plan in regard to inventory loss results.
- Assume full responsibility for managing a safe operation and driving a Safety Culture with all individuals in the operation by applying and improving the Safety Standards.
- Be fully conversant with H&S, Fire, Security and employment equality site rules.
- Review any incident investigations within the work place, and respond to escalated issues of non-compliance, ensuring relevant safety regulations and procedures are adhered to.
- Analyse and understand H&S related risks for the DC team, taking action to eliminate these risks according to a prioritised plan.
KNOW HOW WE WORK
We Drive Creativity and Innovation: Creativity runs through our veins and fuels everything we do. We are an enterprising team that thinks outside the box to bring new ideas to life and to create unrivalled experiences designed for our customers and our world. Fostering a culture of innovation, we keep ahead of the rest while growing sustainably.
We Go Above and Beyond: As agents of change within our industry we set the standard, always leading, never imitating. We love to go where others haven't and thrive on sharing our knowledge and expertise. We work to surpass expectations, inspiring everyone who comes in to contact with our brands.
We Do the Right Thing: We respect our world and everyone we interact with. Acting with decency, honesty and transparency, we strive to ensure that everything we contemplate or do, contributes to a sustainable future. Embracing diversity and inclusivity we build trust among our customers, partners, and communities and with each other.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience in an operations/logistics role, with a focus on service delivery in the retail sector.
- Excellent experience and knowledge of systems and analysing data.
- Proven track record in a robust service driven environment.
- Keen financial acumen and budget management experience.
- Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to build and promote effective teamwork.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and change in a fast paced environment.
- Good relationship builder and networker.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to inspire, challenge and influence at all levels.
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Team discount is offered to all team members across Brown Thomas Arnotts and our Concession partners.
Wellbeing initiatives at BTA include but are not limited to: EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts, Sports & Social Club.