GET TO KNOW US
The M·A·C Artist represents the image, products and culture of the company to the customer.
Their primary responsibility is customer service and sales, achieved through exceptional communication skills and artistic abilities.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, maintaining the store environment and operations and assisting with administrative duties.
KNOW THE ROLE
- Provide welcoming, personal, professional service to all customers at all times
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, listen to the customer, ask questions, investigate preferences and make the experience interactive
- Suggest groups of appropriate products and colours to meet and exceed customers’ needs
- Assist customers with product and services selection and information
- Perform professional and appropriate makeup applications to achieve the look the customer desires
- Inform customers of available services, MAC consciousness programs and philosophies
- Obtain customer data for MAC Addict book or other client list as required
- On closing the sale, thank the customer and invite the customer to a future visit
- Meet your individual responsibility for your appropriate contribution to the team’s goals in terms of service, sales and company objectives
- Adhere to current “good counter practices”
- Give great internal customer service and develop good working relationships with colleagues
- Be punctual and manage time on counter effectively
- Keep informed about products, company information and store information
- Actively participate in store theme days, events and new product launches
- Achieve Skills Certification requirements
- Actively participate in MAC training sessions and partnered store mandatory training sessions
- Actively participate in cleaning displayer units, tools and testers throughout the day, and more thoroughly at night to prepare for next day’s business
- Maintain a clean and organised work area.
- Maintain tester units in proper schematic order, replace products once authorised by a manager
- Replace any broken or damaged products (authorised by a Manager)
- Maintain proper placement and condition of merchandise on counter, in stock rooms and all stock holding areas
- Inform management of any store maintenance or Health and Safety issues which might lead to accidents
- Assist with inventory counts
- Be responsible for booking demos and lessons
- Adhere to proper security procedures regarding handling of cash and assets
- Assist daily in stock and hygiene supplies replenishment and maintain appropriate levels throughout the day
- Communicate low on stock and out of stocks to the Retail Manager
- Assist in the proper rotation of stock
- Adhering to the company policies and continually setting an example in customer service, dress code and the professional standards expected by MAC
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- While a qualification in make-up artistry/previous retail make up experience is preferred, we welcome applicants with amateur level experience who are able to demonstrate a high level of creative and technical expertise
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide inspirational, authentic and personalized customer service
- Ability to work retail hours including days, nights, weekends and special events in a fast-paced work environment
- Previous experience with retail point-of-sale software
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of right to live and work in the country if invited to attend for interview
- Please note: the success of your candidacy would be on contingent on completion of the next stage of the recruitment process – requirements of the role & completion of your video assessment. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process because of a disability or for some other reason, please ensure you contact 0800 917 1399 as soon as possible
KNOW HOW WE WORK
We Drive Creativity and Innovation.
We think, move, and act fast. Our energy is channelled into creating unrivalled, exciting, social spaces- always bright, vibrant, never boring. We inspire at every opportunity.
We Go Above And Beyond.
We listen, learn and go beyond to bring joy to every single customer interaction. We pride ourselves in bringing the warmest of welcomes, intuitive service and style expertise to all our customers.
We Do The Right Thing.
We act with decency and respect at all times, elevating our role in delivering positive change and doing right by our customers. Constantly evolving we strive for better, always with care and consideration.
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Our City Centre based stores are close to all forms of transport and surrounded by many shops, parks and beautiful restaurants.
Team discount is offered to all team members across Brown Thomas Arnotts and our Concession partners.