GET TO KNOW US:
Brown Thomas Dublin are delighted to announce this unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced Department Manager to join our team. This Manager will be an integral part of the Brown Thomas team in delivering an unrivalled customer experience in a luxury landmark location housing the world’s most desirable brands. You will be joining a world of style and opportunity. Powered by a warm human spirit and dedicated teamwork. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people.
At Brown Thomas Arnotts, our Vision is to Reinvent Retail. Our purpose is that we exist to imagine and create a sustainable future and our values are at the heart of everything we do in that we Always go above and beyond, Do the right thing and Drive creativity and innovation.
KNOW THE ROLE
The role will be pivotal to managing the day to day activities of the Department in order to provide the highest level of customer service.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ensure extraordinary Customer Service is delivered at all times achieving store NPS (Net Promoter Score) targets.
- Support the management team with the coordination and implementation of all customer related events and in store promotions.
- Support and coach team members with customer queries / returns where necessary.
- Create awareness of additional services and ensure that they are offered to customers e.g. Personal Shopping and Brown Thomas Loyalty Card
- To ensure that all team members have a full working knowledge of the companies CRM programme and are compliant in its use.
- Communicate Daily/ Weekly Sales targets to the relevant teams and departments.
- To monitor department product lines, and propose actions to Senior Management.
- Support with communicating and implementing sales strategies.
- Participate and support with delivering team briefs.
- Ensure team members are adequately upskilled and inducted into their relevant areas, i.e. Team Member Buddy Programme.
- Provide a forum for team members to discuss issues and problems relating to the department and to brain storm solutions.
- Support Department Manager in the completion of daily floor planners to provide for the smooth running of each area.
- Ensure all team members are dressed appropriately for business each day, complying with the company dress / grooming guidelines.
- Be aware and observe all Company policies and procedures (see Company handbook & policies and procedures on the system).
- Actively live and embed the Brown Thomas Arnotts Group Values with each team on a regular basis.
- Recognise and coach good performers with positive reinforcement for continued performance and coach poor performers outlining the expected levels of performance and behaviour.
- Delegate tasks and assign responsibilities ensuring follow up.
- Ensure department housekeeping standards are maintained on a daily basis using standards checklist.
- Ensure stockrooms are laid out in an orderly, disciplined and commercial fashion and kept neat and tidy at all times.
- Ensure all merchandise is checked, priced and stocked properly.
- Be aware of all store promotional activities, including window displays, advertising etc.
- Ensure all promotional material/ticketing is ordered and in place on time and in keeping with company standards.
- Ensure regular feedback is given to senior management on customer reactions to merchandise.
- To assist with any other duties required by Store Management.
- To maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in store, Head Office, Brown Thomas Dublin, BT2 / Regional Stores and Arnotts.
- To represent the Company’s interests with all internal & external interactions.
- To observe confidentiality in respect of Company activities.
- To be aware of and adhere to all store audit requirement.
KNOW HOW WE WORK
- We Drive Creativity and Innovation: Creativity runs through our veins and fuels everything we do. We are an enterprising team that thinks outside the box to bring new ideas to life and to create unrivalled experiences designed for our customers and our world. Fostering a culture of innovation, we keep ahead of the rest while growing sustainably.
- We Go Above and Beyond: As agents of change within our industry we set the standard, always leading, never imitating. We love to go where others haven't and thrive on sharing our knowledge and expertise. We work to surpass expectations, inspiring everyone who comes in to contact with our brands.
- We Do the Right Thing: We respect our world and everyone we interact with. Acting with decency, honesty and transparency, we strive to ensure that everything we contemplate or do, contributes to a sustainable future. Embracing diversity and inclusivity we build trust among our customers, partners, communities and with each other.