The effective management of the Distribution Centre’s operations to provide strategic supply chain thinking within the business and its supply partners with an aim to provide excellent service to online customers and our stores. Delivering on a wide range of operational projects and ensuring all business targets are met.
Lead and implement Supply Chain best practice in all areas of the Distribution Centre’s operations (including People, processes and systems).
Lead the online fulfilment team to ensure we have the most effective processes that ensure great customer service.
Management of all third party logistics providers for BTA including online fulfilment
Optimised use of warehouse layout and processes, effective resource management and a continuous focus on driving efficiencies and improvement through technology and CI initiatives.
Meet and exceed all operational KPIs and standards.
Manage and develop a high performing and engaged team to deliver on strategy.
Manage the online fulfilment team to exceed SLAs and achieve cost targets.
Ensure all Third Party Logistic contracts deliver or exceed on agreed cost and operational KPIs.
Areas of Responsibility (each area will include key measures including KPIs, forecasts, 3PL business plans and budgets):
Establish and drive Distribution Centre (DC) supply chain strategy:
- Develop and implement the overall supply chain strategy
- Establishing and analysing the key strategic warehousing drivers and coordinating appropriate plans to address them including inbound costs
- Identifying long-term operational capacity and productivity issues and implementing action plans accordingly
- Assessing new technologies for their potential impact on improving operational efficiencies
- Benchmarking warehouse operations against industry Best-in-Class
- Leading cross-business unit project teams and representing the DC on cross functional project teams
- Setting budgets and KPIs annually to monitor all aspects of warehouse operations performance
Manage operational efficiency:
- Creating annual DC Plan and managing against agreed budget
- Analysing daily and weekly trends against warehouse department plans and forecasts
- Manage a monthly cost review for the site and implementing cost review process
- Coordinating monthly programme of site meetings to address relevant and on-going operational improvements
- Planning for seasonal changes to warehouse operations processes
- Coordinating a programme of improvements to oprtimise site efficiencies
Management of 3PL logistics providers:
- Setting joint business plans with 3PL providers and managing against budget
- Manage 3PL KPIs against agreed targets
- Manage a monthly/quarterly and annual cost review with relevant 3PL contract providers
- Manage seasonal changes with 3PL providers
- Coordinate customer service level feedback to 3PL providers
Deliver superior customer service to retail stores and customers:
- Setting service levels on an annual basis and ensuring the DC team achieves targets
- Coordinating cross functionally and managing the new customer “on boarding” process to ensure agreed service levels are achieved or exceeded.
- Coordinating and facilitating planning process to ensure continuous operational improvement
- Establishing contingency plans to maintain excellent customer service levels
- Reviewing service levels and identifying and implementing action plans to address gaps and shortfalls
Build relationships with internal and external customers/ stakeholders:
- Supplying information on trends to DC Management team and Sales Managers to ensure information flow through the business
- Ensuring quality of service to customers in order to promote good relations
- Establishing a customer visits programme which brings DC representatives to the customers
Managing online fulfilment in the DC:
- Develop the team and the DC’s capabilities to ensure we provide the best customer service in Ireland
- Agreeing budgets for pick, pack and despatch and managing the team to achieve seasonal peaks without any interruption to service
- Working with the store fulfilment team and the online team to ensure we have the right items being picked in the correct locations
- Setting annual stock adjustment target and managing against budget
- Design and implement a stock control strategy to monitor and manage inventory loss
- Analysing trends against targets and forecasts and taking corrective action where required to ensure targets are me
Manage and develop the warehouse team:
- Building a team of highly motivated, capable individuals who can drive the DC strategy
- Leading and motivating warehouse team by setting team direction and ensuring effective communications, support and recognition
- Setting and influencing operational culture in line with BTA vision, purpose and values
- Leading team members to develop required competencies through their involvement in cross-functional project work aimed at achieving strategic operational improvements
- Implementing all People policies, including training and development framework for an efficient and motivated team
- 10-15 years’ experience in senior supply chain position or senior operations management
- Management of large 3PL contracts
- Experience of online fulfilment to customers would be preferable
- Previous experience in IR/ Unionised environment
- Previous experience in Change Management and Project Management
- Logistics based third-level qualification and/ or Project Management