KNOW THE ROLE:
As a Retail Manager you’re responsible for all areas of your business. You inspire your team day in day out to deliver a world class customer experience, putting the consumer at the centre of everything you do, enabling you to drive sales and achieve your business targets.
Leading a MAC Store requires a diverse set of skills and as a Retail Manager you’re a master of all of them. In the stores fast paced, dynamic environment you exhibit composure as you learn from each new challenge. You will build and develop high performing teams of unique individuals who deliver industry leading artistry and customer experience bringing to life the MAC credo of all races, all sexes, all ages.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Service, Sales & Artistry
- Create a world class shopping environment which exceeds our customers’ needs and expectations through sales and artistry.
- Execute the Brand Strategy, ensuring an effective local plan is alive for your store and team.
- Lead a sales force that deliver the ultimate MAC experience to deliver brand loyalty.
- Develop and coach your team in selling techniques and product knowledge to ensure that teams consistently welcome, inspire and personalise each experience.
- Work in partnership with Education Teams ensure that artistry skills, product knowledge and certification enables your business at all times.
- Set, communicate and review sales targets and goals, in order for performance to be monitored and managed.
- Effectively plan and implement a local Marketing & Events Plan is in place aligned to Retailer activity.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities acting as a MAC Ambassador at all times.
- Recruit, induct, retain and develop your team to enhance the expectations and values of MAC, in order to deliver business targets.
- Ensure all team members are inspired to carry out their job role through training, coaching and follow up.
- Conduct monthly reviews to communicate objectives, set goals and measure progress.
- Drive a culture where effective feedback and coaching is given daily.
- Develop your Managers to ensure that the business expectations are consistently delivered.
- Motivate and drive your team to achieve performance targets through the use of sales targets, bonus incentives, performance management and regular team meetings.
- Plan and co-ordinate your resource levels to optimise service, sales and profitability.
- Proactively manage poor performance, addressing attendance or conduct issues in line with MAC expectations, utilising the appropriate procedures and support.
- Ensure that the store standards are maintained to an excellent level
- Respond to business trends and external factors to recommend changes needed to capitalise on opportunities to maximise sales.
- Develop and drive up to date knowledge of our product with teams in order to ensure we deliver an industry leading experience and the product meets the customer’s needs.
- Encourage teams to identify trends and make suggestions to enhance product performance.
- To analyse reports in conjunction with regular floor walks, reviewing stock levels, trends in sales activity and agree commercial recommendations.
- Analyse business performance to identify strengths and weaknesses, follow up with action plans with clearly set objectives and measures to achieve commercial success.
- Develop strong retailer relationships and share business updates as appropriate.
- Ensure the effective communication of business messages to teams.
- Monitor and maintain the health and safety within the premises to ensure the well-being of your team, colleagues, customers and contractors.
- Ensure teams are adequately trained and competent to process sales through the till systems, ensuring transactions are managed with due care and attention, in line with company policy and procedures.
- Lead appropriately to ensure stock loss meets company and store targets, ensuring a complete and accurate cycle count and physical inventory as required.
- Encourage team to seek and continuously develop knowledge of competitor activity and local market conditions, with the purpose of making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive the business.
- Ensure the effective management of all operational aspects of your store.
- Please note: the success of your candidacy would be on contingent on completion of the next stage of the recruitment process – requirements of the role & completion of your video assessment. If you require any adjustments to our recruitment process because of a disability or for some other reason, please ensure you contact 0800 917 1399 as soon as possible.
- Inspirational Leader
- Commercial approach, experienced in a fast paced service led environment
- Excellent communication, organisational, prioritisation and delegation skills
- Motivational, positive & confident
- Know how to create a real buzz around sales and artistry to get your team delivering their targets