GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. Powered by a warm human spirit and dedicated teamwork.
We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out.
KNOW THE ROLE
Our Childrens; Toys and Uniforms Buying department are looking for an experienced Buying & Merchandising Assistant to join their team in our beautiful South Anne Street Head Office. This is a contract opportunity.
- To manage the product data capture / Purchase order entry for the department in conjunction with the Buyer
- To ensure that initial purchases and allocations are correct, and to ensure accuracy and maintenance to achieve the budgeted sales, margin and stock objectives.
- To manage continuity orders in conjunction with the Buyer
- Maintain the system in respect of cost price, selling price and currency changes
- Coordinate the supply chain from vendor to warehouse and into store
- Develop close relationships with Suppliers and internal stakeholders such as Retail Operations, Logistics & Finance teams
- To help determine the replenishment parameters for supplier to warehouse/store and in conjunction with sales floor display stocks and review with the Buyer
- To set up promotions in conjunction with the Buyer, Retail Operations & Marketing teams
- To assist the Buyer in reporting for the department
- To keep up to date with trends and competitors in the market place for the relevant group/department and all adjacent categories
- To help prepare trend and product presentations
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A qualification in buying/merchandising
- A minimum of 1 years' experience within a Buying office
- Advanced level in excel this is essential to applying for this role.
- Disciplined and organised with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work
- Good time management with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Effective influencing skills and the ability to work comfortably with various levels and departments
- A passion for living
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Our City Centre based Head Office is close to all forms of transport and surrounded by many shops, parks and beautiful restaurants.
Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts