GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out.
KNOW THE ROLE
The financial accountant will provide support to the Finance Manager for the combined Brown Thomas and Arnotts business to ensure that the organisation meets all regulatory, compliance and audit responsibilities in this area. They will support the delivery of the overall Group strategy and goals through the delivery of timely and accurate financial and management information.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Support the monthly and quarterly close process ensuring that underlying processes review and controls have been completed in accordance with best practice.
- Ensure that the accounts produced meet all regulatory, compliance and audit responsibilities.
- Support the delivery of the overall Group strategy and goals through the delivery of timely & accurate financial and management information.
- Responsible for delivering timely and insightful month end analysis of revenue & costs to Business customers including Store General Managers, Buying team and Budget Holders.
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations to audit standard.
- Assist on all internal/external reporting requirements including monthly management meetings, Group finance templates and adhoc as required.
- Assist in the production of the annual Statutory Financial Statements for all companies within the group and assist in managing the year end consolidation process.
- Work with legal team and external advisors to ensure all CRO filing requirements are met.
- Helping manage year end processes including preparation for Audit and acting as a key contact for the External Audit team.
- Maintain a working relationship with Irish revenue authorities to support VAT & Corporation tax compliance.
- Liaison with external parties/advisors including Internal & External Auditors, banks, tax authorities and tax advisors.
- Work with external tax advisors in the preparation of corporation tax returns.
- Contribution to the tri-annual re-forecasting and annual budgeting cycles, producing detailed, accurate plans for expense lines as required.
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA) with experience of working in a treasury/ finance position within a similar environment.
- Good communication and networking skills across all levels in a matrix environment.
- Confident, a self-starter, with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement showing logical decision making and a hands on approach.
- Proven ability to develop and improve working procedures and processes.
- Highly organised and efficient with ability to work under pressure, manage a diverse and competing workload ensuring deadlines are met.
- Flexible, open to change, comfortable managing a constantly changing environment.
- Pro-active and anticipates issues.
- Experience within a retail environment.
- Good excel skills and solid understanding of accounting software principles.
- Knowledge of Cognos and/or Hyperion/Essbase packages and Oracle accounting packages.
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Our City Centre based Head Office is close to all forms of transport and surrounded by many shops, parks and beautiful restaurants.
- Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
- Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts