GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out. Contributes to the success of the business by supporting the store in achieving it’s objectives through the most visually interesting displays in windows and in-store that put the store in first position as the number one luxury retailer in the country.
KNOW THE ROLE
Brown Thomas Arnotts are delighted to announce this unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced Manager to join our team as Operations Manager for our new Brown Thomas store in Dundrum, opening March 2022. This Manager will be an integral part of the Brown Thomas Arnotts journey in reinventing retail in a genuine and sustainable way.
At Brown Thomas Arnotts, our Vision is to Reinvent Retail. Our purpose is that we exist to imagine and create a sustainable future and our values are at the heart of everything we do in that we Always go above and beyond, Do the right thing and Drive creativity and innovation. The Operations Manager will contribute to the success of the business by understanding and executing efficiencies and operational synergies across support teams and operational functions at our new Brown Thomas store in Dundrum ensuring best practice and lean processes are replicated across all functions.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Responsibilities And Duties
- Working with the Store Manager to implement a BOH (back of house) structure in the new store, considering the physical layout and commercial plans.
- Leading Operations Teams (Stockroom, Online and Administration) to drive the business forward through responsive and innovative processes and structures.
- Driving efficiencies in the operation of stockroom services and standards to the store and online retail teams, while championing change and innovation to ensure the best possible models of team, service, environment and profitability.
- Continuous process review and influencing the business to invest in opportunities for improved efficiencies and to ensure appropriate structures exist at all levels of the business to optimise routine tasks and to recognise innovation prospects.
- Driving productivity in the goods inwards process. Driving change and continuous improvement to ensure the best possible models of team, service, environment and profitability.
- Ensuring appropriate environment and structures to facilitate productivity of online team while ensuring quality controls and Brown Thomas Arnotts standard of customer experience.
- Managing security operations in store and liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning and implementing Loss Prevention plans and actions, including coordinating training plans with the L&D team and/ or external training providers.
- Managing Internal investigations into alleged cases involving stock loss and suspicious activity and liaising with Business Controls team in case management.
- Developing operational services for concession partners to maximise productivity of the relevant teams in order to protect and grow commercial opportunity for Brown Thomas Dundrum.
- Driving a compliance based culture in administrative tasks across all functions in line with audit guidelines.
- Driving Health and Safety compliance and risk management.
- Working closely with the Project Team to ensure successful delivery of capital projects.
- Leading operational aspects of instore events.
- Managing contract and SLA for Team Restaurant.
- Role modelling the Brown Thomas Arnotts Vision, Purpose and Values.
- Significant experience of leading a large retail team to deliver standards, targets and commercial objectives.
- Strong commercial acumen, with an ability to identify opportunities and create buy-in for change and innovation.
- Experience in a management position during a new store opening would be an advantage.
- Keen project management skills with an ability to interact with and motivate others to succeed on several fronts.
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- A genuine passion for retail and extensive experience and proven delivery in a multimillion euro business, ideally in the luxury retail industry.
- A passion for the fashion industry and understanding of planning in luxury retail.
- Strong coaching skills with the ability to enhance individual and team based performance in a retail environment.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills with an ability to simplify complex reporting when communicating outside immediate team.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Service orientated with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and able to lead and deliver on several projects simultaneously.
- An innovative thinker who has their finger on the pulse of retail best practice, always looking for the next opportunity to enhance the reputation and distinctiveness of our brand.
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
- Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts