GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out. Contributes to the success of the business by supporting the store in achieving it’s objectives through the most visually interesting displays in windows and in-store that put the store in first position as the number one luxury retailer in the country.
KNOW THE ROLE
Brown Thomas Arnotts are delighted to announce this unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced Retail Manager to join our team as Deputy General Manager for our new Brown Thomas store in Dundrum, opening March 2022. This Manager will be an integral part of the Brown Thomas Arnotts journey in reinventing retail in a genuine and sustainable way.
At Brown Thomas Arnotts, our Vision is to Reinvent Retail. Our purpose is that we exist to imagine and create a sustainable future and our values are at the heart of everything we do in that we Always go above and beyond, Do the right thing and Drive creativity and innovation. Working closely with the General Manager, the Deputy General Manager’s role is to support with planning, leading and co-ordinating the resources of the business so as to maximise sales and profitability whilst maintaining exceptional levels of customer service. Leading the way through embedding the Vision, Purpose and Values of Brown Thomas Arnotts to Reinvent Retail. A key focus on teamwork and guidance driving your team to succeed and develop while building relationships with stakeholders across the business to help drive success.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Measures store sales performance, reviewing trends at a store level and driving the management team to maximize sales opportunities
- Identifies opportunities for investment across the store – ensuring they will deliver a profitable return and influences senior stakeholders up to and including the Executive Team where necessary to secure the investment.
- Challenges and drives operational efficiencies throughout the store and ensures store management team focus on controlling, minimizing costs where appropriate, stock loss and costs
- Supports the General Manager in ensuring the store is compliant with internal audit measures and drives consistency with the management team
- Ensures that managers are building relationships with their concession partners and driving them to maximize profit. In addition, the General Manager offers support with challenging concessions and where relevant is closely involved with the management of key high turnover concessions.
- Takes responsibility for updating directors on store performance and hosts director visits to the store ensuring management team are fully prepared
- Role models and drives a culture which is in line with our Vision, Purpose and Values.
- To motivate and develop the team so that each member finds fulfilment, reward, recognition and a sense of achievement in their work.
- To lead and motivate the Store Management team to carry out their responsibilities in accordance with their role specification.
- Together with the Management Team, review team members’ performance and productivity. Review levels across all departments to ensure that exceptional customer service and retail standards are being achieved. Review Talent mapping and Succession within departments.
- To inspire and promote constant communication between the Management, their teams and relevant stakeholders.
- To work closely with the Management team to ensure Brown Thomas standards are being achieved.
- To liaise with Learning & Development to ensure all team members receive high standard of on boarding / induction and continuous training.
- Conduct Store Management End of Year and Mid-Year performance reviews.
- To participate in the recruitment of management and any senior roles for the business.
- Work closely with the Retail / Payroll Administration team to oversee the daily management of the store’s payroll costings and roster efficiencies.
- Support the BOH/ Operations Manager with action planning and improving efficiencies for the online services. To support with reacting to developments in the market place.
- Support with all employee relations cases in conjunction with the relevant Human Resources Business Partner, to ensure disciplinary procedures are followed where appropriate.
- Foster good relationships with concession partners, senior management and support roles.
- Drives and ensures high participation in team surveys, guaranteeing regular informed communications and high levels of engagement.
- Works with the management team to ensure that managers are delivering on their own people recruitment, management and development and provides coaching and guidance, where necessary.
- Plans for succession by sharing knowledge with management and helps to drive the store’s plans with a focus on career progression.
- To agree and set targets for the overall store and individual departments and to monitor progress towards achieving them on an ongoing basis.
- To increase the Average Transaction Value of team through effective monitoring of productivity and by driving in-store incentives.
- To plan and agree the allocation of supporting space for Own Buy and Concession Departments.
- To analyse on an ongoing basis, the cost to sell per department.
- To identify and take opportunities for increasing sales/market share while maintaining margin and controlling expenses.
- To initiate, plan, organise and oversee the execution of special events i.e. Sales, Events and Customer Evenings.
- To engage with Cosmetics and Concessions Partners regarding the performance of their business.
- To monitor competitor’s performance, react accordingly and suggest proactive actions.
- To critically examine the services on offer to the customer, adding to/enhancing / dispensing with services when deemed appropriate.
- To ensure that the business is constantly customer focused and the NPS (Net Promoter Scores) results are in line with BTA expectations. The Deputy General Manager is responsible for driving change and reacting to poor NPS results.
- To ensure that the customer is offered the highest level of service both in person and on the telephone and that customer care standards are adhered to on a consistent basis.
- To ensure that customer complaints are resolved in a satisfactory manner.
- Drives a culture for building long term relationships with individual high net worth and corporate clients, ensuring the correct tools are in place.
- Identifies opportunities for service initiatives across the store.
- Takes responsibility for companywide service initiatives – such as salesfloor and virtual appointments.
- Drives the retail standards of the store.
- Work with Marketing team to come up with new and inspiring ideas to attract customers to the store.
- Liaise with Group Buyers regarding stock i.e. quality, quantity, range and price and markdowns.
- Leading Masterplan activity throughout its life cycle; providing direction and support to the Management and Facilities team where needed.
- Working alongside the management and creative teams to ensure that the floor layout is profitable and meets customer expectations.
- To be aware of all store promotional activities, including window displays, marketing campaigns, advertising etc.
- Ensure feedback to buyers on customer reactions to merchandise. Consult with buyers in relation to stock holding.
Health & Safety
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for staff and customers in accordance with the Company Safety Statement.
- To remain informed of any new and relevant changes to our H&S procedures and to ensure complete compliance by store management and team members.
- To ensure that management team are aware of and follow health and safety procedures.
- To assist with any other duties required by Group Management.
- To maintain a good working relationship with Head Office and Brown Thomas Dublin & Regional Stores.
- To remain informed and confident in the roll out of any future online initiative.
- To represent the Company’s interests with all internal & external interactions.
- To observe confidentiality in respect of Company activities.
- To be aware of and adhere to all store audit requirements.
- To partner with the Security management on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent and proven leadership skills within a retail environment
- Experience in new store openings and operations would be an advantage
- Experience in omnichannel and proven skills in driving change and identifying further opportunities for innovation, improvement and increased efficiencies
- Significant Project management experience
- Ability to build and promote effective teamwork
- Highly commercial - a great understanding in store commerciality and viability
- Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills
- Good relationship builder and networker
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to inspire, challenge and influence at all levels
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
- Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts