GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out. Contributes to the success of the business by supporting the store in achieving it’s objectives through the most visually interesting displays in windows and in-store that put the store in first position as the number one luxury retailer in the country.
KNOW THE ROLE
At Brown Thomas Arnotts, our Vision is to Reinvent Retail. Our Purpose is that we exist to imagine and create a sustainable future and our values are at the heart of everything we do in that we always Go Above and Beyond, Do the Right Thing and Drive Creativity and Innovation. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you work, you will take enormous pride in providing an excellent customer experience. Which means assisting and supporting in the day to day activities in the store. The team lead is a leader and mentor supporting team members in delivering the highest level of customer service.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Working as part of team, delivering extraordinary service to both external and internal customers.
- Participate and support with delivering team briefs.
- Support Department Manager in the completion of daily floor planners to provide for the smooth running of each area.
- Ensure all team members are dressed appropriately for business each day, complying with the company dress / grooming guidelines.
- Ensure team members are adequately upskilled and inducted into their relevant areas, i.e. completion of elearning programmes, training etc.
- Delegate tasks and assign responsibilities ensuring follow up.
- Ensuring communication is open and clear within the team.
- Contributing to team targets and goals.
- Provide a forum for team members to discuss issues and problems relating to the department and to brain storm solutions.
- Recognise and coach good performers with positive reinforcement for continued performance and coach poor performers outlining the expected levels of performance and behaviour.
- Be aware and observe all Company policies and procedures.
- Actively live and embed the Brown Thomas Group Values with each team on a regular basis.
- Being passionate and enthusiastic about products and services available
- Acquiring and updating product knowledge through supplier training, product labels, magazines etc
- Being aware of product lines in other departments and introducing related product to the customer
- Being knowledgeable of additional services on offer throughout the store including events and promotions
- Ensure the team is meeting and exceeding our customer’s needs through product knowledge and excellent customer service
- Support the management team with the coordination and implementation of all customer related events and in store promotions.
- Support and coach team members with customer queries / returns where necessary.
- Create awareness of additional services and ensure that they are offered to customers e.g. Salesfloor, Personal Shopping and Brown Thomas Loyalty Card etc.
- To ensure that all team members have a full working knowledge of customer loyalty and build on it through attentive service and showcasing our loyalty program
- Taking pride in ensuring team members maintain standards on a daily basis
- Ensure stockrooms are laid out in an orderly, disciplined and commercial fashion and kept neat and tidy at all times.
- Ensure all merchandise is checked, priced and stocked properly.
- Be aware of all store promotional activities, including window displays, advertising etc.
- Ensure all promotional material/ticketing is ordered and in place on time and in keeping with company standards.
- Ensure regular feedback is given to senior management on customer reactions to merchandise.
- Following health and safety procedures and security procedures
- Learn, understand and comply with all company policy and procedures
- To assist with any other duties required by Store Management.
- To maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in store, Head Office, Brown Thomas Dublin, BT2 Regional Stores and Arnotts.
- To represent the Company’s interests with all internal & external interactions.
- To observe confidentiality in respect of Company activities.
- To be aware of and adhere to all store audit requirements
Key skills for this role:
- Effective communication
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Strong customer service skills
- Passion for our brands and our products
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
- Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts