GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out.
KNOW THE ROLE
We are looking for a content editor to work on an exciting fixed term role in Brown Thomas Arnotts working on a digital transformation project for the Arnotts website. We are looking for a candidate who can audit existing Arnotts content whilst also creating, developing and executing new content for Arnotts. This project demands strong creative and commercial acumen and attention to detail. This role will ensure that the content delivered fulfils the business needs, therefore improving SEO, CTR, data acquisition and conversion while projecting the right brand image across various digital channels giving Arnotts an authoritative voice in the market.
Applicants should be highly creative with a desire to work within a dynamic, fast-growing online team.
• Conducting full site audit of existing Arnotts content to understand what is relevant and also adding SEO value
• A re-imagination of existing Arnotts content to re-fresh and re-imagine this content in new formats and ensuing this is benefitting the business from an SEO perspective
• The project will involve working alongside a digital web-designer to build best in class content for the Arnotts website both visually and also from an SEO perspective.
• The content editor will need to identify gaps in current content and work on a plan to develop out new content to fill these identified gaps.
• The candidate will need to be a self-starter who has the ability to curate content whilst also having the commercial acumen to build content that will excite and delight the Arnotts customer.
• You will the required to design, edit, and proof-read existing site content whilst also creating new site content.
• Working closely with agency, project and technical teams to maintain site standards with regard to existing formats, mobile email and content experience and future site development
• The candidate will also need to have the capability to work across a multi-category environment where we have multiple categories and drivers to service whilst maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all the digital collateral
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Strong writing skills and a clear grasp of spelling, grammar and the finer points of written content
• Exceptional communication, planning and organisational skills
• CMS experience
• Ability to self-motivate and drive projects forward
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite
• Strong attention to detail, timing and the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Strong experience in executing content production for high traffic websites.
• Proven experience in an editing/writing role
• Strong experience of managing copy assets, briefing and workflow within a retail setting.
• SEO experience in line with best practice and commercial/business requirements.
• Experience with content management systems and understanding of HTML.