GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out.
KNOW THE ROLE
Our people are the essence of what makes us special and shape what we do in every part of our business.
The HR Generalist is a key role in supporting the Business to deliver a People Plan in line with HR Strategy. Working as part of the Business Partnering Team this is a central role which interacts with all aspect of the HR model from people support services, Business Partnering, ER/ Talent and Development COE, Learning & Development in providing a best in class HR Service to the business
The key responsibilities for the successful candidate include:
• Recruitment analysis: working with management team to identify recruitment needs
• Advertising positions, screening applications, drafting selection tools
• Coordinating and tracking all applications – updating weekly recruitment tracker
• Coordinating and conducting Interviews for a wide variety of roles with support from store management
• Making offers of employment, reference checking and drafting contracts accordingly
• Agreeing recruitment with concession/cosmetic companies where appropriate
• Tracking of vendor agreements – liaising with payroll where required
• Organising recruitment with a particular focus on peak recruitment intake project
• Tracking key talent trends in industry and adapting to Brown Thomas Arnotts
• Running out key recruitment programmes – Internship programmes, Graduate programmes etc.
• Provide support on all talent matters (with the support of the relevant COEs as appropriate) in relation to; talent management programs, performance management, succession planning, coaching, training, career development and diversity and inclusion initiatives
Team Member Life Cycle
• Point of contact for management and team members for generalist queries
• Working with the Learning & Development (L&D) team to ensure all team members receive an excellent on-boarding experience
• Support the L&D team in driving completion rates for training and ensuring compliance – work with management teams in achieving this
• Knowledge and management of people movements within the Business E.g. Maternity Leave, Leave of Absence, Secondments etc.
• Case Management for Head office, Retail, Own Buy and Concession areas depending on capacity
• Developing, updating and implementing policies and procedures with input from relevant stakeholders
• Support HR Business Partnering on strategic projects and initiatives
• Performance Management
• Develop close working relationships with management team and gain an understanding of their team in order to assist and advise appropriately
• Coach management team on setting team members’ annual reviews. objectives and development plans
• Where required advise managers and assist with implementing performance improvement plans
• Supporting on Disciplinary & Grievance investigations and meeting
HRIS, Data Analytics and Payroll
• Running reports to analyse data to assist management in decision making
• Input where required on the analytics for the HR metrics and HR Quarterly Dashboard
• Support and work with payroll where required
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures and best practice with past experience in the field of HR.
• Proven experience in a relevant high volume administrative role, with a strong focus on compliance and customer service
• A qualification in human resources or a relevant area is desirable; alternatively, the relevant experience is essential
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
• Excellent working knowledge of HR systems, in particular Core HR
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills with excellent attention to detail and consistent standards when dealing with high volumes of data and administration
• Able to manage, interpret and present data and recommendations articulately to the highest level
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
• Agile and accountable thinker with a can do approach – operating always with the customer and team fully in mind and the end clearly in sight
• Strong coaching, influencing and stakeholder management skills – highly service and delivery focussed
• Interest in keeping up to date with employment legislation and current trends in industry
• Highly organised, with attention to detail, and able to manage more than one project at a time.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work with cross-functional teams
• Flexibility to work in rapidly changing environment
• Flexible and self-motivated.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, confident and respectful
• A role model of the Brown Thomas People Values with a keen interest in HR best practice and innovation, always looking for the next opportunity to enhance the reputation and distinctiveness of our brand
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
• Our City Centre based Head Office is close to all forms of transport and surrounded by many shops, parks and beautiful restaurants.
• Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
• Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts, Sports & Social Club
KNOW HOW WE WORK
We Drive Creativity and Innovation: Creativity runs through our veins and fuels everything we do. We are an enterprising team that thinks outside the box to bring new ideas to life and to create unrivalled experiences designed for our customers and our world. Fostering a culture of innovation, we keep ahead of the rest while growing sustainably.
We Go Above and Beyond: As agents of change within our industry we set the standard, always leading, never imitating. We love to go where others haven't and thrive on sharing our knowledge and expertise. We work to surpass expectations, inspiring everyone who comes in to contact with our brands.
We Do the Right Thing: We respect our world and everyone we interact with. Acting with decency, honesty and transparency, we strive to ensure that everything we contemplate or do, contributes to a sustainable future. Embracing diversity and inclusivity we build trust among our customers, partners, communities and with each other.