GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts. Because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out.
KNOW THE ROLE
We have an opportunity for a Customs & Excise Administrator to join our Finance team at Brown Thomas Arnotts.
We are looking for someone who has very strong administrator experience to assist the team in coordinating the Brexit impact across our buying, finance & legal areas. A finance qualification is not a requirement.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will support the team to ensure that all transactions are recorded accurately and in a timely manner to maintain compliance with Business and Revenue requirement. You will be responsible for issuing weekly reports to the business, resolving queries or escalating to other members within the business.
- Maintain contact with clearance companies, ensuring weekly reports and relevant clearance documentation is received
- Monitor all relevant paperwork from clearance agents to ensure Revenue Compliance and agreed business terms are being maintained.
- Ensuring that spreadsheet trackers are completed daily
- Liaise with Buying Division and Accounts Payable to ensure all supplier recharges are processed in a timely manner
- Liaise with Revenue on all customs related queries
- Ensure accounting for duties and taxes is completed in accordance with month end timeline
- Create & Maintain Master Data pertaining to customs and excise
- Maintain up to date process notes and documentation
- Involvement in future Brexit related business projects
- Adhoc finance duties as required from time to time
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A flexible approach to work
- Excellent administrational & communication skills
- Highly computer literate. Intermediate level Excel
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience with handling paperwork & reviewing transactions from multiple sources
- Exceptional attention to accuracy & detail
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Experience in ERP system is desirable
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Our City Centre based Head Office is close to all forms of transport and surrounded by many shops, parks and beautiful restaurants.
- Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
- Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts