The Business Manager is responsible for the success and leadership of the Morphe Retail counter through management of exceptional customer service, sales and operations, high performance people, and driving profitable growth & achievement of financial goals and KPI’s such as brand expression, engagement, retention, conversion, and inventory. The Business Manager is an integral part of the selling floor, spending their time coaching, leading, and developing the team to deliver on their sales and service goals. The Business Manager is responsible for delivering the Morphe experience by creating a unique, inviting, entertaining, and educational multi-brand shopping destination for the Morphe babe.
We are currently recruiting for a Business Manager who will be employed by Harrods in the H Beauty Store based in Milton Keynes but will work exclusively for Morphe and be considered very much part of our Morphe Fam! You, along with your team, will be responsible for driving the success of the Morphe counter and helping us delivery excellent service to all Morphe babes.
• Responsible for driving sales to meet or exceed targets and financial goals.
• Management of P&L, budget, and performance.
• Successfully execute and drive traffic for company driven promotions and launches to meet and exceed sales targets and deliver the best experience possible for customers.
• Responsible for driving local events and experiences for customers, in partnership with sales and operations management.
• Prioritize time and energies to join the staff on the selling floor; coaching and developing the team; and leading by example.
• Positive representative of the Morphe brand.
• Deliver the full Morphe customer service experience, catering to the customers’ needs and optimizing makeup stations and makeup studios, where applicable.
• Consistently elevate their own artistry skills and the artistry skills of the team.
• Develops knowledge of trends in industry to provide best service possible and share with the squad.
• Entrepreneurial inspirational leader who is comfortable taking responsibility for the counter as their own business while also following the company standards.
• Responsible for all people management, recruiting, training, coaching and developing top talent to grow within the organization. Must fill open positions with urgency.
• Support education and artistry, working closely with the Morphe Education team to schedule trainings and consistent skills development. Act as advocate and student. Ensure all trainings are delivered on brand and the desired artistry and service knowledge/skills are built with every employee. Facilitate trainings for team as assigned.
• Responsible for building a productive and dynamic Morphe squad by connecting with employees, host store colleagues, customers, and influencers. These must be strong relationships and connections founded on the common passion for makeup.
• Confident and skillful coach and manager to the team. Comfortable navigating difficult conversations with professionalism, poise and kindness; actively provide coaching and feedback to develop employees in their position and help them grow.
• Creates an environment where clear and fair expectations are set and all employees are treated with respect.
• Provide feedback to sales and operations management, as applicable, to inform improvements that are needed. Identify opportunities and share trends in the market/industry.
• Partners effectively with the host store team in order to drive the success of the counter.
• Ensures the counter is run smoothly, safely, and efficiently and the environment is always appealing and engaging for the customer to explore.
• Responsible for daily visual presentation.
• Responsible for knowing, following and administering all company and host store policies and procedures.
• Ensures corporate communications from both Morphe and the host store are filtered to the team.
• Acts to reduce LP and product returns/damages.
• Manages effective oversight of budget expenditures.
• Responsible for staff payroll hours and scheduling in partnership with Morphe corporate teams and host store. Ensures staffing is prioritized to provide optimal schedules and ensure the best customer service is provided.
• Oversees effective merchandising updates and management of inventory levels.
• Oversees the planning and execution of all Visual displays. Customize the visual direction to fit the dimensions, communicate timelines and execute the floor set with precision and on time.
• Ensure consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization.
• Demonstrable experience in supervisory or managerial role.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with an ability to influence others.
• Excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and business acumen, proven ability to analyze sales data and create effective action plans.
• Proven ability to provide leadership that motivates teams to exceed sales goals.
• Ability to identify top talent, network, recruit, create and maintain high performing teams.
• Proven operation and merchandising excellence.
• Passion for Makeup, with the ability to develop unique looks and make-up styles, flexing to suit relevant client / customer.
• Cosmetic industry and artistry experience in role preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
• Demonstrates flexibility and takes initiative with minimal direction.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times, including evenings, weekends and holidays.