GET TO KNOW US
We’re a retail world built on iconic firsts. Famed for the creativity that touches our brands, buildings and experiences. We’re always challenging ourselves to make every experience more special and unique for our customers and our people. Supported by strong family foundations that inspire us to create something that lasts because we care about the tomorrow we’re carving out.
KNOW THE ROLE
Brown Thomas Arnotts are recruiting an IT Operations Support Technician on a 12-month contract. Based in our Dublin office, the successful candidate will provide helpdesk and operational support across the company in head office and regional stores.
The role involves day to day IT operational support, across all aspects of a fast paced retail business, supporting systems and hardware, supporting the work of the existing level 1 &2 support technicians and some level of first and second level support to business users is required. The objective is to mature and execute the support processes across the existing IT environment while also delivering a quality service to the business.
The role is five days across seven, weekend and out of hours’ cover may be required periodically as necessary to support the needs of the business
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Follow standard Service Desk procedures to document the reported issue/question within a Service Desk call tracking tool providing first-line support to a wide range of business user’s applications and systems within the company.
• Take ownership and responsibility for service desk application to support all the needs of a fast paced ever growing retail environment
• Reporting and analyzing on user interaction to improve our services to the business
• Effective and timely communication with all involved parties
• User Support on hardware, business tools and applications
• Provide 1st line production support for all business applications
• Analyzing problems, including root cause analysis to a standard that allows for effective handover to level 2 support when necessary
• Liaising and troubleshooting issues with members of the IT team and external vendors
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience within a helpdesk, customer service role
• Experience with service desk reporting
• Strong communicator both written and verbal
• Be a great team player and continuously work to achieve team targets
• Experience supporting Windows 7 & 10 hardware
• Experience supporting Office365 with strong MS office skills
• Experience with Apps on both iOS and Android operating systems
• Experience with Databases (MySQL) and DB Management Tools
• Experience in retail environment
• Exposure to new technology and projects
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Our City Centre based Head Office is close to all forms of transport and surrounded by many shops, parks and beautiful restaurants.
Team discount is offered across Brown Thomas, Arnotts and our Concession partners
Wellbeing initiatives; EAP Scheme, Tax Saver Commuter, Bike to Work, Local Discounts