SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IMPACT SUMMIT
(Temporary position, April – October 2021)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business, cultural and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
This year marks the fifth edition of the Forum’s annual Sustainable Development Impact Summit, now well established as the global meeting for multi-stakeholder collaboration to accelerate progress and scale action on the SDGs, held in conjunction with UN’s annual General Assembly.
SDIS21 will be the global catalyst and accelerator of innovation at scale, with UpLink (the Forum’s digital crowd-engagement platform that connects entrepreneurs and champions of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), launched at SDIS19) driving and shaping the programme design and meeting experience.
The SDIS programme provides a unique opportunity to engage the most forward looking and action-oriented communities and leverage entrepreneurial and innovative solutions that advance the Sustainable Development Goals. Its ambition will be to generate momentum by connecting issues and innovative solutions, by showcasing existing alliances and initiatives and by scaling actions that have the potential to fast-track progress.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
Coordinate and implement the digital innovation strategy for SDIS21
- Work closely with UpLink, Digital Experience and Public Engagement teams to identify opportunities to enhance the participant experience towards greater impact through digital solutions and experiences.
- Map opportunities for improving the overall participant journey, pre-, during and post-meeting.
- Integrate a selection of visual and digital session features (e.g. session tools, networking, 3D experience) that support desired meeting objectives and outcomes.
- Scan global landscape for latest innovations in digital interaction and programming to bring fresh perspectives and inclusivity.
Support efforts to integrate UpLink as core part of the meeting design and experience
- Work with UpLink team to integrate grassroots innovation as means to enhancing programme experience and impact (e.g. programming, communications) – pre, during and post event.
- Work closely with Public Engagement team to engage global audience and participation at scale
- Curate the most inclusive UpLink Innovators to be involved in the SDI programme
- Work with the UpLink curation team to announce, support or launch UpLink Innovation Challenges alongside SDI.
Ensure inclusivity and diversity in SDIS20 participation
- Engage wider SDG community (e.g. internal – Chief Sustainability Officers; external – SDG stakeholders)
- Amplify and advance inclusivity and diversity (e.g. gender, geographic, generational)
- Work with relevant Forum communities (e.g. Global innovators, Uplink, Social Entrepreneurs, Civil Society, Global Shapers, YGLs) to integrate and encourage on-going engagement of new audiences and representation in the SDIS20 programme
- Maintain links with the UN and SDG communities for related programming prior to and during the UNGA weeks
The successful candidate will be assessed on
- Notable improvements in quality of participant experience through digital innovation, features and tools
- Seamless integration of UpLink as part of programme design
- Scale and quality of diversity in geography and generation is participation and SDIS programming
- Enhanced identity of SDIS as a premiere virtual platform event driving impact through multistakeholder collaboration
Preferred Requirements and Experience
- University-level education
- 3 to 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Passion for SDG issues, technology, experience design and innovation
- Strategic and creative skills in project management, community management, writing and presentation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce, MS Office Suite, and project management and communications tools
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!