Community Curator, Centre for Cybersecurity
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Centre for Cybersecurity (C4C) was established by the World Economic Forum in 2018 with the aim of building a collective response to global cybersecurity challenges by leveraging the impartial, public-private platform of the World Economic Forum.
The Centre for Cybersecurity is today working with over 130 organizations to drive public-private cooperation to secure our digital future.
The Community Curator, Centre for Cybersecurity will play a key role in ensuring strong collaboration with the broader Forum business and government engagement teams to engage organisations both from the private and public sectors in the various activities and initiatives of the Centre.
Reporting Lines & Interactions
This position will report to the Head of Operations and Partner Engagement, Centre for Cybersecurity. This role primarily interacts with current and potential partners of the Centre and the wider Forum’s teams focusing on business engagement, regional and geopolitical affairs, civil society and academia.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
- Develop the partner community of the Centre by shaping compelling value propositions and engagement plans for partners. Ensure regular check ins with partners to ensure high degree of satisfaction and communicate the feedback to internal teams in order to strengthen the portfolio of activities of the Centre
- Ensure Centre Partners are fully aware of benefits associated with their engagement, including engagement in initiatives, meeting attendance, possibilities to contribute articles on the Forum Agenda and the possibility to promote mission aligned partner led initiatives, amongst others.
- Build strong relations with the wider Forum’s teams focusing on business engagement, regional and geopolitical affairs, civil society and academia to onboard new partners and engage existing partners in the work of the Centre.
- Prepare relevant briefing materials for virtual and face-to-face meetings with partner organizations; maintain engagement proposals, reports and records pertaining to the engagement
The successful candidate will be assessed on
- Managing the relationship with public and private sector partners engaged with the Centre and ensuring meaningful engagement opportunities that result in partner retention
- Maintaining a universe of public and private sector organizations relevant to cybersecurity and ensure it is regularly updated given the ever-evolving nature of the cybersecurity landscape
- Strong collaboration with the broader business team of the Forum and the project teams in the Centre to attract and engage relevant partners
Preferred Requirements and Experience
- Broad intellectual background with a Master’s degree or equivalent from a globally renowned institution
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ professional work experience with and expertise in account management, business development, or consulting
- Broad awareness about the role of technology in the age of the Fourth Industrial Revolution and a genuine interest cybersecurity
- Excellent coordination and project management skills with demonstrated ability to work across multiple teams to deliver against tight deadlines
- Comfortable communicating with senior leadership in organizations and the ability to build trusted relationships
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word); experience with Salesforce a plus
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and co-operation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change!