SPECIALIST, CIRCULAR ECONOMY AND INNOVATION
PLATFORM FOR GLOBAL PUBLIC GOODS
(12 month fixed-term position)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
Innovative applications of 4IR for the circular economy have tremendous potential if the private sector, public sector, investors, and civil society can together foster an environment in which technologies can scale within and across value chains and geographies. The Platform for Global Public Goods seeks to build circular economy ecosystems to be more agile and equipped to respond to today's challenges.
Through regional, national, and local public-private cooperation, the three circular economy pillars of the Forum—driving leadership ambition, advancing Circular Value Chains, and transforming innovation ecosystems—accelerate the circular economy transition.
The innovation pillar and Scale360 initiative catalyse innovation programs to fast-track the circular economy transition. The team requires support to grow and manage the global UpLink community, coordinate events, and to support national, regional, and global program governance.
Reporting lines and interactions
This position reports to Circular Economy Innovation Lead within the Platform for Global Public Goods.
• Lead global community development by identifying, growing, and managing stakeholder participation in the UpLink Scale360° community;
• Drive community engagement in UpLink, through targeted events and campaigns and serve as primary contact to develop content for and correspond with the community;
• Manage Scale360°’s online presence including the Forum Website, TopLink, UpLink, Salesforce, and WeLink.
• Lead event logistics, participation and organization; • Support global and local Impact Monitoring and Management strategy and implementation
• Support the communications workstream, including but not limited to spearheading campaigns, organizing op-eds and coordinating with member organizations to share information;
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Organizational skills;
• Cross-cultural verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to thrive in ambiguity—competing priorities, with shifting parameters, to deliver to the highest standards and to agreed deadlines;
• Experience with systems leadership methodologies and multi-stakeholder partnerships
• Salesforce, MarketingCloud, TopLink, UpLink, and Microsoft Office experience
• Willingness to support and collaborate within and across teams to advance program delivery Preferred requirements and experience
• 3-5 years experience in project management organization, event coordination, community management, and communications;
• Demonstrated interest in the circular economy agenda;
• Team player and self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
• Excellent written, digital and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mind-sets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.