High Integrity Systems Engineer, Southampton
Working for us is like nothing on earth! Every day, our teams challenge the limits of human achievement, engineering solutions for our planet and beyond. Our astronomically talented engineers build rock-solid software for leading industries’ most critical applications.
Two decades ago, our first client was NASA. Today, we work in sectors as diverse as energy, aerospace, transport, healthcare and more.
Now, we're looking for a talented High Integrity Systems Engineer to join our team.
This is a great opportunity to join a high tech international company that genuinely cares about its employees, having recently been accredited by Investors in People and winning past “Employer of the Year Awards”. The business has customers in the aerospace, energy and defence sectors that demand high integrity and complex systems to meet their challenging requirements.
It's time to challenge your limits. It's time to give your career the rocket boost it deserves. It's time you joined Critical Software.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A high-integrity systems and software engineering company that creates and deploys innovative software solutions
- Delivery of high-quality work across a diverse array of market sectors
- An in-depth knowledge and partnership approach, which together ensures excellent results in the development of solutions that simply must not fail
- The benefits package is extensive, starting with pension and life insurance and continuing with a menu that includes healthcare, dental care, payment of fees for membership of professional bodies, gym membership, travel insurance and mobile phone allowance
- Very flexible working scheme
- Staff training and social events throughout the year
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a variety of duties. These include, but are not limited to:
- Performing Software engineering tasks to a high standard, including software requirements, design, development and testing:
- Configuration management
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A pro-active communicator, comfortable with end users and customers
- Ability to explain design decisions in a non-technical manner with clarity and detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Open and honest
- Flexibility to adapt and make decisions
- Able to think smarter not just harder
- Caring, dedicated and with a “can do” attitude
- Self-motivation and an enthusiasm for problem solving
- Well organised and a team player
- Flexible approach and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Due to the nature of the work, candidates would either have UK security clearance or be eligible to be security cleared.
- Educated to BSC degree or equivalent in a Computer Science, mathematics or engineering based subject
- Strong development experience in C ++ (11 and above) and/or Java
- Strong object-oriented development skills• Experience in GIS tools and UI tools and frameworks
- Design experience using UML and Design Patterns
- Testing at module and system level (creating test scripts and procedures)
- Capability of producing documentation to a high standard
- Full lifecycle software development knowledge, from initial requirement gathering to design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation, integration and training
- Experience of designing solutions from customer requirements
- Exposure to Agile development processes
- Experienced in the use of Git flow
- Experienced in the use of development/defect tracking systems
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Able to perform in a high stress environment with the need to achieve set deadlines.
- Proactive communicator, comfortable dealing with clients face-to-face. Ability to explain design decisions in a non-technical manner with clarity and detail.
- A caring, dedicated and “can do” attitude, open to working with various cultures.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in Aerospace, Space, Defence or Transport markets.
No applications via agencies will be considered.
Applications from non-UK citizens are very much welcomed, however are subject to demonstrating either an existing right to work in the UK or the ability to obtain that right following acceptance of a job offer.