The Master shall be responsible in overseeing the entire operations and maintenance on the assigned vessel. The incumbent will be required to provide daily activities report and actively communicate with clients.
- Ensures that adequate safety precautions are taken prior to any job.
- Conducts short safety meeting/Tool Box meeting with direct reports for the current job prior to operations. Ensure that each personnel are made aware of the hazards and is fully aware of their responsibilities.
- Carry out all the necessary tests and pre-use inspections on the equipment and tools for the job to the satisfaction of the client.
- Ensure proper reporting accidents, incidents, and near misses through the Positive Dangerous Feedback Form. Initiates investigation of all such cases.
- Ensure that each direct personnel perform their responsibilities as per the requirements of the Company’s HSEQ Policy.
- Ensure that all equipment for the job is free of any damages/defects and is fully operations prior to any operations job. In the event of damages, a damage report shall be made.
- Navigate/moor the vessel in a safe and efficient manner as instructed by the owners/clients representative
- Ensure that the hull, machinery, deck equipment, navigation/communication instruments are in good, safe working condition at all times
- Keep up to date the vessels log book at all times and make available for auditing as and when required.
- Maintain a good and healthy relations among all superiors, colleagues, and subordinates.
- Provide all necessary guidance and coaching to all direct subordinates during operations for a proper execution of the job.