Job Family/ Division: Community Relations Department
Type of Job: Full-time
The Marketing Specialist focuses on creating, implementing, tracking and optimizing AAS digital and traditional marketing campaigns across various marketing channels. The Marketing Specialist contributes in the development, implementation, and management of all aspects of the AAS marketing strategy to support the school’s strategic priorities and achieve enrollment goals. The Marketing Specialist reports to the Community Relations Coordinator. S/he communicates effectively with proficiency in English. The Marketing Specialist should embrace the AAS Mission, Vision, and Core Values allowing these statements to guide work. S/he promotes AAS and the services provided by the Community Relations Department in all words, actions, and behaviors.
Reports to (directly): Community Relations Manager
Working days/year (plan): 225
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field or relevant and equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of marketing related experience (digital and traditional), preferably in service or educational sectors
- Experience in an international school, non-profit organization, or within the education sector is preferred
- Project management and/or start-up experience is preferred
- Legally residing and able to work in Moscow, Russia
- Fluent in English and Russian.
- Must be eligible to receive a security clearance certification (provided by AAS).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of the role marketing plays in the development of an organization
- Ability to translate marketing ideas and strategies into action through implementation
- Proficient in email marketing software (HubSpot and/or Mailchimp, etc.) with skills in establishing and managing analytics
- Be a motivated team player and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others
- Ability to assist non-marketing minded staff in connecting their work to the value of marketing for AAS
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Ability to analyze, improve and develop a systematic process in order to track inquiries from prospective clients
- Hands-on experience with copyright and content optimization
- End-to-end analytics
- Above-the-line/Below-the-line (ATL/BTL) campaigns experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and time management skills.
- Under the supervision of the Community Relations Manager develop, execute and monitor short- and long-term marketing plans, including, but not limited to, digital marketing, public relations, special events, advertising, and other promotional strategies to support the AAS marketing priorities
- In collaboration with Community Relations Department develop marketing campaigns and implement marketing activities across a broad range of channels (ATL/BTL, email, SMM, affiliate marketing, fundraising, sponsorship)
- Plan, write and edit original content to share across all marketing platforms.
- Provide assistance with internal communications to ensure effective delivery of information to AAS community
- Leverage workflow automation tools to increase efficiency, streamline tasks and improve accuracy in marketing activities
- Evaluate marketing campaign effectiveness to make necessary adjustments and improve Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s )
- In collaboration with Community Relations Department develop and implement strategies to improve internal and external customer relationships, identify opportunities and implementing customer retention programs
- Source and analyze customer research, current market conditions, and competitor information
- Work closely with the School Wide Events Coordinator to organize and host a variety of events to raise AAS brand awareness
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- In collaboration with Human Resources Department and the Office of Learning, provide training on marketing tools and activities internally to promote employee engagement and create positive workplace culture in alignment with AAS strategic priorities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position.