The Product Analyst supports the Product Management team in our Global Product organisation. They are expected to become a subject matter expert in specific areas of payment industry knowledge, and act as owner for that area. The Product Analyst has a market-focused role, responsible for helping the wider organisation to understand and focus effort on appropriate areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gain an understanding of the payments industry and how Global Payments fits into the wider ecosystem, reporting in to a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager.
- Contribute to research and analysis on new product concepts and product enhancements, and metrics on product performance.
- Build knowledge as a subject matter expert in defined areas, collaborating with colleagues across the wider Global Payments organisation.
- Create briefing documents to keep colleagues up to date with emerging developments in the market. Bring together information from different sources, summarise, and present it in an easily understood way.
- Assist with eliciting feedback from customers, analysing it, and feeding the analysis into our iterative product design and development process.
- Support Go To Market and training activities, ensuring that product capabilities are well understood by stakeholders in product, marketing, customer operations and sales.
- We work in a fast-moving, agile set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time also.
- Support Product Manager through ownership of subset of capabilities.
- Use research and analysis to recommend product improvements.
- Work across functions to support Go To Market activities.
- Communication and Relationship Management:
- Excellent written and verbal interactions, presentations and meetings.
- Listen effectively to others.
- Build relationships with colleagues, and collaborate to reach common goals.
- Use data and relationships to influence Product Manager decisions.
- Gather data points to aid decision making process.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills, strong attention to detail.
Company, Industry and Product Expertise
- Curious about new and emerging technologies, solutions, partners and market trends.
- Experience with the payments industry or software development is a benefit, but not essential.
- Third level business or technical qualification, or relevant experience with business communication is a plus.