What you will be doing:
At Global Payments you will build the technology that handles billions in payments each year. This is the core of our business. You’ll work on products that thousands of businesses depend on to accept payments online. You may even be pushing code on software that will change how people pay and are paid. In short, you’ll own a key part of our future… and get to make cool stuff.
- We’re a collaborative bunch, so you’ll contribute to all phases of the SDLC, from design, to implementation, unit testing, integration and release
- You will contribute to both front and back-end development
- Our culture is open and honest; you’ll need to share your voice and clearly communicate technical designs, estimates, prioritisation and other development issues
- You’ll document your detailed component designs, based on business requirements
- You’ll work as part of a self-organising scrum team
- We work in a fast-moving agile set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time also
What qualities you will bring:
- Application stack of Java, Spring Boot, SQL, Apache Tomcat, JUnit, etc.
- Strong Java design and development experience within a web services architecture
- 2+ years experience in a similar software development role
- BSc/MSc degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related discipline
Planning & Delivery
- Previous experience in a scrum team, taking a team approach to design, development and testing
- Strong application process flow and problem solving techniques
- Knowledge and extensive use of common tools used by the engineering group: version control (e.g. GIT), change management, automated builds (e.g. Jenkins), continuous integration, automated testing, etc.
- Outstanding analytical skills, self-motivated, high performing and goal oriented
Ability to innovate by challenging the status quo and come up with imaginative ways of doing things more effectively
High levels of software engineering literacy and communication skills
Strong customer focus and ability to think about the impact of actions on the customer
It also helps if you have:
- Previous experience in an Agile/Scrum team, taking a team approach to design, development and testing
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with secure development
- Experience with API development including RESTful principles
- Experience with any of the following: Openstack, Jenkins Pipelines, Cucumber, Sonar, Chef, Consul, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, BDD
What makes Global Payments different?
Global Payments is on a mission to help thousands of businesses to sell online. We’re passionate about building exceptional products and services that our customers love. We’re proud to have brought together a bunch of talented people who are committed to changing how people pay and are paid. Together we think big, we ask questions, we create, we caffeinate, we whiteboard …lots.
We love learning and experimenting, but we're also committed to the highest standards. We like big thinkers, self starters and collaborators; smart people who move quickly and love to tackle big problems. Does this sound like you?
Please note, we do not offer Visa sponsorship for this position.