Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300 financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class payment technology and software solutions. By joining our dynamic team you will be able to make your mark on the payments technology landscape of tomorrow.
About the Role
The Sales Development Team Manager will have the ability to inspire and lead the internal office-based Sales Development Team to deliver world-class sales lead qualification services to the GP UK&I sales channels. You’ll be working with numerous third-party suppliers (resource and software) and owning the relationship with GP UK&I Marketing plus working across internal departments including the GP UK&I sales channel leaders and owning the relationship with the Customer Solutions Team.
- Take full responsibility for the Sales Development Representatives (SDR) team and the work they do to deliver world-class sales lead qualification services to the GP UK&I sales channels
- Achieve targets related to work queue management, lead qualification, lead conversion and the resultant sales channel MSU performance.
- Responsible for the relationships with internal lead suppliers (Partnerships, Marketing etc) and third-party suppliers
- Collaborate effectively with all GP UK&I sales channel leaders and attend Sales team meetings providing updates, ensuring that trends are identified and key learnings are utilised
- Continually analyse the data related to lead volumes, contact phasing, marketing content and contact methods to provide deep insights into what we’re doing well – and need to keep doing/where we need to improve. Use this information to help recommend and drive continued improvements in process, and/or skills and capabilities
- Develop and maintain a consistent programme of communications, content and results to drive engagement between the SDR resources (internal and third party) and the sales channels
- Partner with the Customer Solutions team to develop and maintain a consistent programme of education and coaching regarding the solutions we offer our customers to enable SDRs to engage on potential solutions as part of the lead qualification process.
- Drive performance and expected team behaviours - identify team member’s development areas through weekly/monthly coaching sessions
- Complete all Line Manager duties related to attendance, performance, objectives, half-year and EOY reviews etc
- Own your development, career and progression. Actively manage and own your PDP and career path in the organisation
- Own and maintain a succession plan and a warm bench of talent
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in leading an office-based, target-driven Sales team
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills - the ability to listen, understand, influence and inspire
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and gain acceptance at all levels
- Personable and approachable with an enthusiastic and motivational nature
- Demonstrable ability to respond to high-impact customer escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty
- Ability to work unsupervised, managing numerous stakeholders, workstreams and work queues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and work to tight timescales
- Understanding of Global Payments customer solutions and of the wider industry
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- A problem solver with a high analytical skillset committed to continuous process and service improvements
- A clear view on what teamwork means to you. Delivering world-class customer service to internal and external stakeholder experiences
What’s in it for You?
Whilst the challenge and opportunity might be enough for some we know we need to offer a little more. We have a generous benefits package including a range of pension, lifestyle and holiday allowances, competitive uncapped commission plans.