The Integrations and Developer Support Manager will be responsible for inspiring and leading a team of Integrations and Developer Support Specialists. This person will be a strong customer advocate who will help us scale and grow our Integrations and Developer support function to deliver world class customer experiences.
The role will involve managing and enabling the Integrations and Developer Support team to work with customers and developers, helping them through complex integrations using multiple components; back-end systems, websites, SDKs and mobile applications.
This is a people leadership role with a mission to lead, retain and grow a high-performing team of customer-facing technical experts, providing a role model for what great customer and developer support looks like. Inquisitive, innovative, and technically minded, this person will analyse solutions to problems as well as implementing best practices to ensure that improvements are lasting.. The Integrations and Developer Support Manager will improve operational efficiency, measure and manage performance, and lead key initiatives that deliver great customer experiences every time. A strong advocate for continuous development and improvement, this person will actively encourage and promote a learning culture.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- A key member of the UK&I Customer Success Operations team, you will share in the collective responsibility for our financial performance and for delivering the quality of service our customers and developers expect and deserve. This means understanding what we do well, and being proactive in identifying and managing opportunities to improve the way we do things for our customers.
- Take full responsibility for our Integrations and Developer Support teams by providing leadership, coaching and guidance with a view to delivering world class experiences to our customer and developer community every single time – quality and responsiveness are our watchwords!
- We’re a collaborative bunch; you’ll work with our Product, Marketing, Customer Success and Sales teams to ensure the Integrations and Developer Support team are properly prepared and ready to support new products and releases. You’ll also work closely with our Tier 1 support unit in Manila to ensure they have what they need to resolve queries from our customers - first time.
- Communication is key and underpins our success; you’ll help ensure customer and developer feedback is collected, tracked and analysed with the relevant stakeholders with the objective of improving customer experiences.
- We really value our relationships with our customers, both big and small. You’ll develop and strengthen new and existing relationships of key clients, ensuring effective onboarding and service implementation.
- Be on point for ecommerce customer onboarding and oversee large scale Enterprise ecommerce integration and service implementation projects.
- We love to tackle big problems, you’ll improve our support tooling strategy that drives customer experience as well as taking full ownership of our support staff training, onboarding and knowledge management strategy.
- We’re crisp and detail oriented, so you’ll develop and manage performance metrics to support exceptional customer experiences as well as implementing processes to ensure our different support teams and systems can scale.
- We’re growing so you’ll help recruit, direct and guide technical support experts, managing performance as well as ensuring effective succession planning across key roles.
- We’re continuously learning; you’ll stay up to date with all product innovation, industry trends and best practices for customer and developer support.
- We work in a fast-moving set-up, so expect to lead support-related projects and/or initiatives to successful outcomes.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS or ABILITIES / BEHAVIOUR)
- An experienced and energetic people leader with a passion for leading customer-facing teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills - the ability to listen, understand, influence and inspire!
- Experience in leading developer or technical support teams and leading change initiatives resulting in stronger customer relationships, greater efficiency, accountability and responsiveness in the way we do things.
- Demonstrable ability to respond to high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty including the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers.
- A role model for continuous improvement and leading teams with a ‘growth mindset’. We apply focused effort to challenges and growth, and we learn fast when things don’t go to plan.
- Ability to navigate change in a complex fast paced environment, embracing new ideas both big and small.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to understand customer and business requirements and translate them to effective implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple implementation projects and customers simultaneously, set priorities and adapt to changing conditions.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills and is able to break down ambiguous problems into concrete manageable components.
- A clear view on what teamwork means to you. Delivering world-class support to our enterprise and strategic customers means engaging with the full Global Payments team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Management or related discipline.
- 5 years+ experience in managing and leading teams of technical and/or developer support staff.
- Working knowledge of real world applications of fundamental web and app technologies and frameworks including HTTP, HTML, CSS, JSON, AJAX, MVC etc.
- Experience working in and supporting a SaaS product or service.
- Excellent organisational, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.