Global Payments, Inc. is looking for an experienced Business Analyst, Technical Analyst or Product Owner to join our growing Global Product team.
The Product Analyst will support one of the Product Managers in the Digital Solutions team, building high quality digital products that support our global payment solutions. The Product Analyst focuses on carrying out detailed analysis of technical and functional requirements as well as market trends and customer needs, and is responsible for the creation of user stories that will be developed by a development team.
As the Product Analyst, you will be responsible for managing one or more products (owning the backlog, prioritizing development of features and addressing any issues raised, as well as being the go to person to manage requirements and the supporting user stories for the platform’s transaction processing connections. This role interacts with product leaders, product managers, product analysts, technology teams (scrum masters, operations, network, agile development,etc.) to deliver high-quality platform solutions focused on digital payment solutions aligned with the Strategic & Business Roadmap(s).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as one of the product analysts within the product team and also as a key resource within a shared Agile development team with co-located and/or remote developer & QA resources.
- Analyse and manage requirements, and collaboratively planning, prioritizing, and tracking work.
- Manage and maintain a product backlog for the product(s) that you manage. This includes engaging with internal stakeholders to obtain input requests and triage issues raised.
- Develop detailed functional & non-functional requirements through Agile user stories and other requirements documentation (aHa!,Jira, etc).
- Translate business requirements into functional and platform technical requirements, communicate any technical challenges to implementation, and collaborate with the BTS delivery teams to recommend acceptable solutions & delivery timelines for stakeholders.
- Manage active deliverables with development teams including re-prioritization of stories and functionality in a fast moving environment where priorities can often change in order to satisfy business needs.
- Coordinate release planning and publish appropriate release documentation in collaboration with the Product Manager and Tech Lead
- Communicate the impact of changes to other systems for upcoming projects and releases.
- Maintain current knowledge of various payment methods & processing flows, card brand regulations, technology and competitive trends in the electronic payment industry.
- Identify and recommend solutions to remediate gaps with existing systems/processes such as, but not limited to, manual processes that should be automated, security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Validate application functionality by engaging in design reviews and test case reviews and completing acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with the Agile team to regularly inspect and adapt the software development processes, evolving procedures and driving continuous improvement.
- Be able to work with third party contracting companies - serving as a company representative when needed to ensure company standards are maintained and delivery is optimized.
- Be knowledgeable of and assist in the maintenance of various compliance organizations (PCI, SOX, etc.).
- Validate and with delivery lead / program managers, coordinate release processes and conduct UAT of release.
- Utilize data analysis tools (Elastic Search, MSSQL, Others) to assist in all duties.
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Business, Finance, or Computer Science
- Proficient in MS Office products or similar Google applications
- Understanding in SQL technologies
- Understanding of data visualization technologies such as Kibana, Grafana, etc.
- Ability to present data and make recommendations based on same
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a business analyst, product analyst or product owner in a technology environment on agile development team.
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to utilize project management techniques to drive projects to completion and track issues and actions as necessary.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, organization, multi-tasking, technical, decision making, and relationship building skills.
- Experience in payments technology is highly desirable