The Developer Support Specialist is responsible for helping new and existing customers integrate into an array of Ecommerce products and services. This role will focus on providing effective and efficient technical onboarding and in-life support services to developers and our Tier 1 Integration and Support team.
This person will be a strong customer advocate, responding to and managing customer implementations and escalations whilst engaging with people of varying levels of technical expertise.The role will involve supporting customers through complex integrations using multiple components; back-end systems, websites and mobile applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- At Global Payments we’re obsessed with service; you’ll assist developers through the integration process.
- Our culture is all about empowering people; you’ll act as a customer champion, providing expert advice on technical payment processing and the payments industry to both new and existing customers and partners.
- We’re a collaborative bunch; you’ll work with your team to efficiently manage inbound support escalations from the Tier 1 support team, via telephone and email.
- We love to tackle big problems, you’ll quickly and efficiently resolve technical issues, both proactively and as they arise.
- We’re crisp and detail oriented, so you’ll document issue resolutions, customer interactions and contribute to technical documentation.
- Manage technical escalations from our regional teams and partners across the globe.
- We’re continuously learning; you’ll stay up to date with product changes, industry trends and best practices for customer support.
- We work in a fast-moving set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time.
- A minimum of 1 years experience working in customer support, technical support is desirable.
- Clear communicator with excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to understand customer and business requirements and translate them to effective implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple implementation projects and customers simultaneously, set priorities and adapt to changing conditions.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills and is able to break down ambiguous problems into concrete manageable components.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to maintain and build relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work comfortably with internal systems, Excel, Powerpoint and the Google productivity suite.
- Ability to navigate change in a complex fast paced environment, embracing new ideas both big and small.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- A degree in IT, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Familiar with server-side programming languages such as Java, .NET, PHP and Node.js.
- Good knowledge of real world applications of fundamental web and app technologies and frameworks including HTTP, HTML, CSS, JSON, AJAX, MVC etc.