The Technical Business Analyst will be responsible for helping new and existing customers integrate into an array of products and services via the Global Payments API. This role will focus on providing effective and efficient technical onboarding and in-life support services to small, medium and large businesses. This person will be a strong customer advocate, responding to and managing customer implementations and escalations whilst engaging with people of varying levels of technical expertise.
The role will involve supporting customers through complex integrations using multiple components; back-end systems, websites and mobile applications You will provide key support to customers, gaining a deep understanding of their own systems to best understand how they interact with those of Global Payments and how we can best solve both their technical and business needs.
The Developer Support Engineer will also be involved in strategic projects with a strong passion to deliver exceptional customer experience outcomes. Curious and able to think creatively, this person will analyse and deploy solutions to problems on the fly as well as implementing best practices to ensure that problems won’t recur.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Our culture is all about empowering people; you’ll act as a customer champion, providing expert technical advice on payment processing and the payments industry to both new and existing customers.
- We’re a collaborative bunch; you’ll work with internal teams including Product, CS&S, Sales and Marketing to effectively manage inbound technical support queries, via telephone and email, from both new and existing customers and/or their development partners.
- Communication is key and underpins our success; you’ll break down complex technological concepts so that they can be understood by any type of customer you interact with.
- We love to tackle big problems, you’ll quickly and efficiently resolve technical issues, both proactively and as they arise.
- We’re crisp and detail oriented, so you’ll document issue resolutions, customer interactions and contribute to technical documentation.
- Manage technical escalations from our regional teams and partners across the globe.
- We’re continuously learning; you’ll stay up to date with product changes, industry trends and best practices for customer support.
- We work in a fast-moving set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time.
- Clear communicator with excellent written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to understand customer and business requirements and translate them to effective implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple implementation projects and customers simultaneously, set priorities and adapt to changing conditions.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills and is able to break down ambiguous problems into concrete manageable components.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to maintain and build relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to work comfortably with internal systems, Excel, Powerpoint and the Google productivity suite.
- Ability to navigate change in a complex fast paced environment, embracing new ideas both big and small.
- A clear view on what teamwork means to you. Delivering world-class support to our enterprise and strategic customers means engaging with the full Global Payments team.
- A degree in IT, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Familiar with server-side programming languages such as Java, .NET, PHP and Node.js.
- Good knowledge of real world applications of fundamental web and app technologies and frameworks including HTTP, HTML, CSS, JSON, AJAX, MVC etc.
- 2+ years experience in a similar customer facing role.