Purpose of the job:
- Lead the development and implementation of the Bank’s real estate life cycle strategy to ensure a work environment that is continually aligned to the Bank’s business needs, and is consistent with relevant health, safety and security standards.
- Oversee the programme delivery for all maintenance, design and construction projects ensuring value for money for the Bank.
- Manage BIS real estate and facilities and related operational services; ensuring conditions and services that enable the continued performance of the Bank’s business and effective utilisation of resources.
- Lead the Real Estate and Facility Management unit.
- Develop and implement a real estate life cycle strategy for BIS buildings to support the longer term goals of the Bank ensuring optimal utilisation and performance of real estate assets.
- Advise Senior Management on strategic decisions related to the management of the Bank’s real estate.
- Drive ongoing improvements to enhance and adapt buildings and facilities to meet changing business needs and ensure operational excellence.
- Develop transition and change management plans for long-term building or site change initiatives in consultation with business areas.
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective project planning for ongoing activities in the area of building and facility management and maintenance, oversee budgeting, scheduling, stakeholder approvals and the identification of risks and mitigation measures.
- Act as project director for large scale building projects, taking the lead in the strategic planning and definition of project requirements. Manage internal stakeholder involvement and act as key contact between the Bank, outsourced service providers and local authorities for such projects.
- Manage the allocation of space to reflect the Banks business priorities, ensuring an efficient usage of space and a safe and secure work environment.
- Manage external service providers and outsourced services (e.g. project management services, contractors, and other specialist service providers).
- Develop performance metrics to monitor efficiency and achievement of agreed service levels.
- Ensure that support for business critical systems and infrastructure meet agreed service levels.
- Ensure buildings meet security, health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with appropriate standards.
- Ensure building automation IT operations meet the Bank’s overall IT operational and security requirements.
- Manage the financial resources and budget for the Real Estate and Facilities Management unit.
- Lead, motivate and develop the Real Estate and Facilities Management team.
- Continuously develop the unit towards best in class trends and practices.
- Represent the Real Estate and Facilities Management unit in relevant Bank-wide committees and initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with peers in other institutions and local authorities.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Degree in civil engineering, architecture, business, finance or real estate with a masters degree in a technical area related to building infrastructure / facilities management.
- Deep experience in real estate and building infrastructure, and also as a leader.
- Broad knowledge and experience in building related fields including planning and construction, operations and infrastructure.
- Strategic thinker with superior planning, analytical and organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in contract management, outsourcing coupled with strong negotiation skills.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing large-scale and complex projects with track record of successful delivery.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven qualities of leadership.
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff